Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 05:00:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
376 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 392
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 376
Total: 376

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Sim4Fun is with you, awaiting clearence...

Started by sim4fun, September 28, 2009, 11:50:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sim4fun

Hi everyone,

Just getting back into the hobby from back in the days when an x286 was a fast machine and I had 15" monitors for PFD/ND and 21" mega-boat anchor CRT's for the outside displays. All this with FS95 and ProjectMagenta when the company was called something else, PFD I think.

Now, I'm with 3x22" (1650x1050) with triplehead2go and another 19" for PFD/ND running PM suite (PFD/ND/CDU/MCP) and can't make up my mind which simulator to support, FSX or X-Plane 9.x.  X-Plane runs smooth but is minus the scenery and developer base compared to FSX.  FSX is uncertain about future support and developer support.  So, hence the quandary.  Both have potential, but I'm the guy with hours to burn programming.  Just want to load something stable that works and looks as good as possible. 

Cheers,
Greg

ivar hestnes

You are cleared for takeoff sir ;D

x-plane, fsx, hmmmmmm. Very hard to give a good advice. But if you are planning to build an simulator and interface it, my guess is that FSX is the way to go. More available components and software compatible with fsx. I am not so worried about the future of fsx. We can have fun with it for many years without any need of a fs11 I think. But, maybe someone else have a different opinion :)

Maybe some x-plane users can jump in also.

Welcome here anyway :)

Trevor Hale

Welcome to Cockpitbuilders Greg,

One of the best parts about the hobby now, is you do not need to choose Between X-Plane or FSX.  User Spyy (Torston) has created a utility that will allow you to use Project Magenta and a lot of FSUIPC Utilities directly with X-Plane with a utility he created XFUIPC.

You can find the link for it in out download section under X-Plane Utilities.

Welcome back to the hobby,

Best regards,

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

ak49er

If you are a user of FSX, you could use your utilites for both FSX and XPLANE. There is alot more happening in XPLANE than before, for example,  one can mesh with Google maps to make realistic scenery, meaning, with one of several programs out there, one can "place" their XPLANE A/C into Google Earth, or "put" the Google Earth maps into XPLANE. And there is alot more I?O options than most realize. best thin is you can gear up with FSX and then make a seamless transition.
FS9, FSUIPC, WideFS, FreeFD
XPlane XUIPC, WideFS, FreeFD

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate