Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 02:27:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
468 Guests, 1 User
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 497
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 468
Total: 469

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Hello from Nova Scotia, Canada!

Started by Flying_Fox, January 04, 2011, 05:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flying_Fox

Hello everybody!

My name is Nick, I am 54 years old and I am long time aviation aficionado. Playing with aviation simulators for about 20 years now (well, sometimes on and off). Last few years were mostly doing the fighter simulation (IL-2 Sturmovik) and some MSFS 2004. Speaking of real flying experience - I am a glider pilot with over 250 flights, however I do a very little real gliding these days - different reasons prevent me from doing more.

I lurk here (and many other aviasim forums) for about a year already, collecting the information and making plans for the cockpit building. I actually built already a half of single-seater cockpit. Not some real copy - it's more like a seat with speakers and subwoofer inside, that is sitting in ABS pipe frame. I use that for flying in front of 120" screen (DYI, painted with Behr SilverScreen paint) and 16:9 front projector (Optoma 6800 1280x768). However, the main purpose of the projector is really a home theater.  :)

But for a few years I have thought of building 737NG simulator.  I believe I have enough skills to do it - I have a home workshop with lots of power tools and  I worked as electronics technician (well, long time ago - before university), so building electronics blocks and wiring is not new to me. On the computer hardware/software front - I work as systems analyst and a programmer for many years and assemble my home desktop computers myself. All this combined pushes me more and more to actually start building. I already learned a lot from tons of info posted on this excellent forum; however I realize how much work the cockpit building really is.  :o  :-\

Regards,
Nick

jackpilot

Welcome aboard from another Canadian aviator.
You seem to have what it takes... and even more.
All the guys here, from around the world,  will be more than happy to help.

Jack

matta757

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate