Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:45:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
353 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 407
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 353
Total: 353

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Hi guys

Started by shaneb, October 05, 2009, 05:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaneb

My name is Shane Barnes and I am located in Kentucky, USA.  I am currently building a Lear 45 sim. I started cockpit building 1 year ago with a very generic sim based on a King Air, along the way I realized I wanted a lot more detail and began the work on a Lear. I've completed the assembly and fiberglass work on  a 1:1  shell of the Lear cockpit and will soon start on all the interior work. A very talented friend of mine (Ron Rollo) designed the shell kit.

I Found your site thru flightsim and came over to have a look.   You have a really nice looking site and am looking forward to jumping over and keeping up on all the projects and keep up on XOrionFE's build.

Here is a few photos of my project from start of the shell kit to final paintwork.

Intel i7-4960X LGA 2011 / Asus Rampage Blk edition MB / EVGA Geforce Titan Blk video card / Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 32GB / EVGA 1300w PSU / Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD / WD Black series 1TB 7200rpm HD / CoolerMaster Seidon 240 liquid cooler /  CoolerMaster 932 HAF case / Windows 7 Pro 64

Bob Reed

Welcome Shane. Very nice looking shell. Look forward to seeing your project grow.

warvet

Welcome Shane,
As Bob said and I fully concur you have a beautiful shell. I hope we can in some way help you fullfill your dream here.
Tim
A340
"Want Some,Get Some, Bad Enough Take Some!:D "

Trevor Hale

WOW Shane,

Great Job.  I have seen Ron's pics, but man oh man oh man..  You did an amazing Job on that.

Thanks for sharing it with us.  That looks beautiful!

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Boeing Skunk Works

Wow! Great job on that Shane. Looks like it came right off the assembly line.
Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

ivar hestnes

Sweet job there Shane. I like it very much. Nothing like having a painted shell at home :)

Welcome here, and look forward to more shots.

shaneb

Thanks guys and gals for the welcome.  I noticed many are building "big planes" . . I've seen some really amazing work here. . hope you don't mind me spying on your progress!  I'll drop a few photos of my Lear as I progress. I should be getting some interior parts this weekend. I'm really looking forward to starting on the flightdeck.

This will be my first experience with interfacing . . so far have been using GoFlight modules and FSUIPC in the generic sim that I built last fall.  Hopefully with help from all the expert interfacers out there I'll learn a new skill.  I figure the guys that have interfaced the big jets are a wealth of knowledge. . to me it looks like a million switches in a 737!  . . I would be overwhelmed, so I'll stick with the Lear . . should be a good learning platform . . then after I complete it maybe tackle a 737!      ;D
Intel i7-4960X LGA 2011 / Asus Rampage Blk edition MB / EVGA Geforce Titan Blk video card / Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 32GB / EVGA 1300w PSU / Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD / WD Black series 1TB 7200rpm HD / CoolerMaster Seidon 240 liquid cooler /  CoolerMaster 932 HAF case / Windows 7 Pro 64

Trevor Hale

Hey Shane, There really is no difference between interfacing a 737 and a GA pit.  Except for the numbers LOL.

Bus seriously, we haven't yet much of a database of Pics, files, or other..  But rest assured it will come.

I am looking forward to seeing more of your pics.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Boeing Skunk Works

It becomes a lot less intimidating when you understand how the various systems aboard a large aircraft function and interact with one another.

It will definitely benefit you to seek out the aircraft manual(s) for your build. You'll have a much better understading of how things work and why.

You'll get more enjoyment out of your sim too.
Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate