Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 10:20:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
262 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 509
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 262
Total: 262

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Hi All, Its Great To Be Here!

Started by FlyForFun, April 28, 2011, 01:08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlyForFun

Hi All,

My name is Alex J and I am from the UK. I was formally known as 'AlexPilot' and had built a few GA sims in the past. The CNC world transformed me into more of a panel builder than a sim builder and is currently building a 737 MIP for a friend who is less fortunate to have access to a cnc machine or service. So I am designing a panel for him on a budget but with cnc technology.

I was worried that I would not be welcome here as I am a member of many other forums, but I believe that knowledge shared is power to us all, and as a sim building community we can all benefit!

All I can say, is that Its great to have communication with some old friends as well as new ones! I look forward to the great sims of the future that inspire us every day.

Kindest of regards.

Alex

Aerosim Solutions

G'day again Alex and welcome to CB!
Do you use VCarvePro? I've done all the B737 MIP sub panel CNC files...

Cheers Gwyn
Boeing 737NG using Prepar3D v4.5, Prosim737, FDS SYS cards, FDS CDUs, CP Flight MCP Pro & EFIS Pro & Aerosim Solutions hardware of course!<br />Check out my website here -<br />http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

FlyForFun

Hi Gwyn,

I am not too sure if the CNC guy uses V-Carve pro, I never thought to mention it.

I am less experienced with CNC and just learning. At the moment I am just contour cutting lines, and beveling bezels by hand.

I took inspiration from your first ever MIP where you gave the impression of multiple panels fit together by 'routing' lines into the acrylic. I have cut my panels into individual pieces and that glueing them onto an acrylic backer using tinted glass.

Kind regards.

Alex   

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate