Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:51:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
352 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 392
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 352
Total: 352

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Hi from folliage beautiful northern New Hampshire, USA

Started by Buzz Taildragger, October 07, 2009, 03:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz Taildragger

Greetings fellow flightsim folks!  As I look at some of the pictures already posted, I am in awe once again as to the incredible talent that exudes from this hobby... from the folks who build the fabulous freeware and payware planes to the talented individuals who build their own cockpits!!!  I found your site on Avsim and am pleased to join.  I did try to design and build a flightsim console setup, but was threatened with a lawsuit from some dude, and besides, the cost of having my units built for the public was too high.  I'll upload my setup, once I figure out how to do it.  I have over 300 different aircraft, so I didn't want to limit myself to one setup.  My design affords 8 different PIC (Pilot in Command) setups to choose from. 

I have been a flightsim pilot since 1984 and have been flying my different versions ever since. 

I also put together a Personal SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) book that I'd be glad to upload as freeware for anyone to take a look at and use. I use my Personal SOP in real life flying as well as my Flightsim flying.  I have mine appear as an electronic kneeboard within my FS9.     

Personally, I have had my pilot's license since the late 60's and have been involved in general aviation ever since.  I have over 3000 hours of PIC logged time in 54 different GA aircraft, but it is this hobby, that has afforded me the wonderful opportunity to experience planes that I'd never even get close to in real life!  I just love it!!!

Once again, I am humbled to be rubbing elbows with such talent. 

Thank you for this site and your unselfish sharing of your time.

Trevor Hale

Hey Buzz,

It is us that is glad to have you here.  Remember this site is here for the members to use..  Without the members, the site would be useless.  We welcome everyone and anyone to these hallways, and look forward to as many file uploads you would like to provide as well as photos of your different setups in the gallery.

Welcome to our family.  Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Boeing Skunk Works

Welcome aboard Buzz.

A lot of us here are really pilots that would never get the chance to otherwise fly what we build. It's a great hobby in that regard; to be able to fulfill something that we have always wanted to do, but for whatever reason were unable to earlier in life.

I have barely a third of your PIC time in only half a dozen aircraft, but it was fun while it lasted. I can no longer afford to fly and maintain any sort of currency.
Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

warvet

Yes Buzz,
I concur with Trev, it is our pleasure to have another, experienced pilot join the ranks. welcome and hope you find a comfortable seat :)

Tim
A340
"Want Some,Get Some, Bad Enough Take Some!:D "

jackpilot

Welcome aboard...

Looks very "real"...nice setup
Curious about that special Keyboard you have...
Cheers

Jack

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate