Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 06:36:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
511 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 567
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 511
Total: 511

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Hello

Started by wexford51, October 08, 2009, 01:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wexford51

Hi All, 
My name is Louis.  I'm 58 years old and live with my wife in Bray in North County Wicklow (Garden of Ireland) just south of Dublin.  I have been interested in aviation for as long as I can remember and in flight simming from early eighties (Wireframe simulator on BBC Model B computer with 32k RAM, cassette tape, no floppy, and hard disks were unheard of. Ahh! Those were the days!!).  To earn a crust I work for a telecoms company that provides a residential analog, digital and HD television service, telephone, broadband and a full range of telecoms services to the business community in most of the cities and towns in Ireland.  My job as Plant Protection Officer is to try and prevent other utilities, Local Authorities and construction companies from digging up our fibre network and if they do, send them large bills for the damage.  My flight sim setup at the moment consists of 18 Go-Flight units, Proflight Yoke, pedals and 2 throttle units in o/h panel, glare shield and pedestal.  I'm a member of PC Pilots Ireland www.pcpilotsireland.com which has members in Ireland, UK, throughout mainland Europe, Canada and the USA.  We produce a quarterly magazine both printed and in colour PDF format.  Twice a year we meet in a hotel near Dublin Airport for our Fly-In, where our members who can, bring there setups so other members or any one who cares to pop in try out there gear.  Up to now due to space constraints I have been unable to seriously look at constructing a cockpit but we are about to embark on some serious alterations to the house which will give me some extra space.  If I have any money left when the house is finished, I'm considering purchasing Engravity MIP desktop panel kits which hopefully is a compromise that will enable me to easily disassemble and reassemble my setup for any events I feel I should support.

Cheers,

Louis  ;D

mpl330

Hi Louis,

That's how I started - BBC ModelB, then desktop pc and then one day I thought "one of those desktop kits would be great..."

Cheers
Mike

Tracy Hale

Hi Louis!  Thanks for joining us at Cockpitbuilders.com.  It's a new site, but growing and hopefully soon enough there will be a lot more help and builders can get their questions answered!

jackpilot

Hi Louis

Welcome, you found the right spot,the " urge to build a full cockpit " virus is everywhere around here and we will help you get the best out of it
Thank you for your intro..send us pictures and ask questions, there is a good crew of builders here, having done most mistakes already and ready to help you avoid them.

Jack

warvet

Hi Louis,
Welcome to you. I absolutely love ireland as it is where all my family is originally from. I hope you find a comfy chair and a place to rest your feet. feel free to join in or ask anything that can help you go forward with your hobby.
All the best
Tim
A340
"Want Some,Get Some, Bad Enough Take Some!:D "

Sean

Welcome Louis.

I've not started construction yet neither, mainly due to space restraints, but mods to the house (including moving house!) have finally got me in a position to make a start.

Sean

alansweetman

Hi Louis-I too am a new joiner but also a longtime member (from London UK) of PCPilots Ireland. We must have crossed paths at the Dublin meetups. When you get to fly your cockpit fly Vatsim to Stansted where I am a Vatsim Approach Controller

Alan

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate