Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 02:55:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
514 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 567
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 514
Total: 514

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Hi from Newmarket

Started by DaveA320, June 19, 2011, 06:35:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveA320

Hi All,

Just like to introduce myself. I have been building my Airbus A320 since 2003. I began a total re-build last May, re-positioned the sim to get a 180 degree view, rewiring and all that other fun stuff. To help move things along faster I had FDS build my pedestal and just received it yesterday.
Here are a couple of pics.

Thanks for the welcome message Jack.

Dave

matta757

Wow, Dave! Looks awesome. The A320 used to be my favorite plane until I flew the 757 (I was a kid back then). I have even flown a real Level-D A320 simulator with a pilot friend of mine. Great aircraft. Anyways, welcome! Pictures are always appreciated!

Matt

jackpilot

Dave has been a fellow Canadian builder since ions !
Very serious and dedicated.
We need more A3XX in our fleet and this 320 is highly welcome.
The huge windows of the front office will be a challenge to fill and we will certainly gain from  this experience for the 73.
Jack
;)

Jack

Maurice

Hi Dave,

I see you still haven't switched sides. I would have thought that since you were re-building, you would have smartened up & joined the good guys with the big sticks instead ;D. Oh well, there is always next time & glad to see you here anyway  :)

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

jackpilot

Well Dave you just pumped life back into Maurice veins, since Tim flew into the Sunset he was not really himself... :laugh:  :laugh:

Jack

DaveA320

Thanks guys for the welcome.

Yea, I know what you mean Jack,  Maurice is not a big Bus fan, he has been trying to convert me ever since we met back at the first FDS open house. I would like to get up North and see his Sim but I am afraid he would turn it into an Intervention to try and "save" me.

Dave

jackpilot

Go, By all means, Mau has a dream house for any Sim Freak! (as he built it around his sim needs). And 14th century Scotch is complimentary if you are into "aperitif"  :laugh:

Jack

Maurice

Quote from: DaveA320 on June 20, 2011, 11:35:21 AM
Thanks guys for the welcome.

Yea, I know what you mean Jack,  Maurice is not a big Bus fan, he has been trying to convert me ever since we met back at the first FDS open house. I would like to get up North and see his Sim but I am afraid he would turn it into an Intervention to try and "save" me.

Dave

Go ahead Dave...live dangerously...I promise not to hurt you too much if you come, just a little prodding with a taser   :)

Maurice

Jetcos

Dave, you and I should go together. I got your back!   8)
Steve Cos
Flightdeck Solutions, Newmarket Ontario,Canada
Special Projects and Technical Support

jackpilot

Jack

Maurice

Quote from: Jetcos on June 21, 2011, 06:06:48 AM
Dave, you and I should go together. I got your back!   8)

Hey Steve, you keep 'threatening' to come but no signs of you yet  ;D. You know.. it is a very strange thing but the roads also go from South to North and not just North to South  ;D

But I know... you are afraid I may put you to work here instead of letting you fly. Come to think of it, that sounds very tempting now that I have the FDS overhead kit  :)

Maurice

warvet

Don't worry Jack,
I'll always be with you guys in spirit, I could never completely leave, the respect admiration and friendship I have developed with you guys over the years is something very special and dear to me and I love watching all of your projects, improve in leaps and bounds.Guys like you Jack, Maurice, Trev, Dave, Phil, Ivar, Peter, Steve, Bob, Mike, Gary Jon, Steph, Joe, Ken man the list is endless everyone of you mentioned or not have contributed towards this hobby's growth and achievements, I truly am in awe when I watch your vids,it is such a true honor to see your successes and how far all of you have come and evolved from the days of our original flying by seats of our pants and blazing new trails and horizons in the hobby practically every day. I wish each and every one of you the greatest success in your builds and hope that with each new victory it takes our wonderful little hobby, that much further into the sky :)
Tim
Gone but never completely
Quote from: jackpilot on June 19, 2011, 09:30:15 AM
Well Dave you just pumped life back into Maurice veins, since Tim flew into the Sunset he was not really himself... :laugh:  :laugh:
"Want Some,Get Some, Bad Enough Take Some!:D "

Garys

"Gone but never completely"  ie:  He will be back.

Great to hear from you Tim and hope life is treating you well.

Gary

Maurice

Nice to hear from you Tim. What are you up to these days? I fondly remember the good old days when the forums were alive with vendettas between big stick and small stick people.  ;D Things have not been quite the same since you left.

BUT, we all know that love of flying never leaves once you have it, so I still think you might some day get some irresistible urge to start again.

Until that time, take care 'old man',

Maurice

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate