Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 11:37:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
539 Guests, 1 User
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 567
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 539
Total: 540

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

I finally found you guys!

Started by tkellogg, July 19, 2011, 02:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tkellogg

My name is Tom Kellogg. For those of you who know me, please forgive my absence. I have been extremely busy over the past few years trying to get ready to move to get closer to work. Haven't had a lot of time to work on my sim. Have missed it desperately. Have occasionally looked on the FDS forum to try and stay in touch, but noticed less activity on the forum. Tried to find out where everyone went, and then I remembered I joined another forum back in early 2010. Then, when I went to look for the site, I couldn't find it. At last, I finally found it. Great to be back involved and look forward to keeping in touch with you guys.

For those of you who don't know me, just go to http://www.creativesimulations.com/About%20Me.htm. That's a lot faster and more information than I can squeeze in this introduction.

MLeavy737

Tom,
  Great to hear from you again! Hope you have been well.. Hope to see ya building again soon :)

Mike Leavy
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

tkellogg

Hey Mike,

Great hearing from you as well. Just curious if you ever plan on getting your website back in action. Would love to see some pictures of your sim. I will be updating my web page this weekend. I just purchased some IPECO 737-300 to replace my Weber seats. This only makes the third set of seats I have purchased for my sim and I haven't even flown it yet. Take care.

Tom

jackpilot

Hello Tom

Ah! you just found the gateway to the finest crew lounge! :laugh:
More than welcome aboard.

Rebuilding my Sim and no flying , know what you mean!

Jack

MLeavy737

Quote from: tkellogg on July 20, 2011, 03:48:44 AM
Hey Mike,
I just purchased some IPECO 737-300 to replace my Weber seats.

Tom

Tom,
  You should check out Art's page. Www.Northernflightsim.com  he now makes a J-rail system for the old seats. I should have my setup shortly and can show ya some pics.

Mike Leavy
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

Emesis

G'day and welcome,

Took a gander at your page and you've had a very impressive career. But I think you run into the same problem as most of us, which goes back to the old saying, "When you have the time you don't have the money, and when you have the money you don't have the time." At least that's the way it works for me. Welcome back to the addiction!

Cheers,
Rand
___________________________________________________________________________________________
Lear45 builder http://www.hangar45.net/

tkellogg

Rand,

You are right on the money. And this is an addiction. Thank GOD I now have the money to support this habit. At least the addiction is not fatal. That is assuming my wife doesn't kill me. Of all my recreation and hobbies, this one has the lowest "WAF"

tkellogg

Mike,

Already talking with him. Was just about ready to place my order when something came up. Need to divert some funds to my kids. Just paid $$$$$ for my 737-300 IPECO seats, so I will have to wait a month or two before I buy the JRail setup. Thanks.

Tom

tkellogg

Jack,

Thanks. It is good to be back. My problem has been that the sim has totally taken over my garage and I was running out of room. It took me more time to move stuff out of the garage than I was able to spend actually building. Then I had to move it all back in. I have spent all my free time over the last three years preparing to move closer to work. We bought acreage and I had designed a horse barn that had an apartment and a workshop for my sim. Got bids and about had a stroke on the cost. Went back and redesigned the new house to enclose my sim in the basement. The sim room in the barn was 36 by 36 feet. It was designed to use rear projection without short throw projectors as I wanted to have the best resolution and color possible on my sim. The room in my basement will be 24 by 24 and have high ceilings. This should be large enough to accomplish my needs. I am planning on circular screen that cover 225 degrees. So I have actually been working on my sim. I have been designing our new home to accomodate my sim. Hows that for obsession? In the meantime, been getting our present home ready for sale. I have rearranged our basement to setup my MIP and partial screen for projection so I can start flying while we wait to sell the home. Only the people on this forum can understand this obsession. Anywhere else, they would think I have lost my mind!

jetpilot

Welcome Tom,
I have taken a lot of inspiration from your website to develop my project. I also work in the same field you are working, so my main constriction is time.
I hope you can finish all your project soon
Roberto

tkellogg

Roberto,

Glad my website has helped. That's what its for. I need to get back to updating my site. I've been guilty of ignoring it for awhile. Need to be taking more pictures as I work so I can post more information about certain projects as the sim progresses. Between builder's websites and the this builder's forum, with very talented and knowledgeable builder's, you can get most of your questions answered. I get a lot of credit I don't deserve in building my sim. Very few things I have done without the input from various members of this forum, as well as those members of the FDS forum a few years back.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate