Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 12:23:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
234 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 251
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 234
Total: 234

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Falcon 50 Sim from Germany

Started by Piper28, August 03, 2011, 10:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Piper28

Hi , my Name is Guenter and I want to say hello to everybody.
My Sim is a Dassault Falcon 50 with Steam Gauges. Some of you maybe know my homecockpit from mycockpit.org.
I am building now for more than ten years and my Challenge is to use so many original Aircraft parts as possible.
I also fly real small piston airplanes at my Homebase EDFB , Reichelsheim , Germany.

Thanks for great Community and many Greetings from Germany

Guenter

jackpilot

Welcome Aboard Guenter

What a nice Sim. ;)
A highly welcome change from the All Glass Panorama
All the "Classics" aficionados , myself included, will drool on those pictures..(Angus??)
We want to know more!!!
Interfacing? What works ,what does not, how, when.. ???
Cheers
Jack

Jack

Joe Lavery

Welcome Guenter,

To reiterate what Jack has already said, that is one impressive cockpit. What visual system do you use?

Regards from Wales,

Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

XOrionFE

Wow, that is really cool.   Welcome aboard and ditto....welcome addition!

Scott

dharrison

Trevor Hale

Hey bud. Good to see you again. Hope u are making good use of the stuff I sent you. Glad to see you are still around.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Piper28

Hello,
thanks for the friendly welcome. I am glad to see that so many other people are working worldwide on such great homebuild projects.

Here some technical information's about my Falcon 50 Sim:
Flightsoftware : FS2004
Panel: original Dassault Falcon50
The gauges are driven by servos via FSUIPC.
ADI  with Crossbar Needles for FD and ILS, HSI , VSI , SPEED IND., RADAR ALTIMETER , TRIM IND and the Engine instruments for N1 , ITT , N2 are still working. (more than 20 Servos). A little program for controlling the servos via FSUIPC and Pololu Boards was written by me in Visual Basic. The servos are modified for a bigger range (more than 360°). That is enough for the most applications. Works on  the Altimeter and a new HIS with Steppers are still in progress.
FSBUS is installed for the 7-Segments , Switches , Led's ...
The former NORATLAS Yoke for Flight control is working.
The Seats are from a Gulfstream Bizjet.
A Beamer is used for outside visuals.

There is a lot of work to do in the future. But it's a hobby and every new part for the Sim
is a new Challenge for me.

@Trevor : Your Falcon900 Information's are very useful for me and my project. Thanks a lot.

Many greetings

Guenter

MLeavy737

Guenter,
  Wow looks awesome!  I have some great memories flying that airplane! Have over 2500 hrs in the 50. Best flying airplane i ever flew. Way better than a 737 handling wise.  What kind of systems software are you using or just writing your own? I remember that airplane inside and out. I think i took 16 135 chekrides in it including my ATP ride. Let me know if you have any questions on it. Im surenill remember a thing or two.

Mike Leavy
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

Piper28

Hi Mike,
Thanks for the kind offer. I began with the construction of the Falcon after me has a cockpit builders from France sold the original panel without the gauges. I'm using FS2004 with the great Falcon 50 by Yannick Lavigne. For special applications, I try to expand my own program accordingly. A Falcon 900 Manual by Trevor here from the forum will help me also.
If questions arise, however, I'm happy to supply to your back
Thanks and best regards

Guenter

G-BVOB

Hi Guenter,

What a beautiful panel, congratulations that just looks superb.  8) Nice to see a fistful of old-fashioned needles, I'd definitely like to see more of your build.

Cheers
Jon
www.g-bvob.net

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate