Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 03:22:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
242 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 235
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 242
Total: 242

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

g'day from oz

Started by barramundi, September 06, 2011, 02:39:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

barramundi

hi all
my humb
fairly new to cockpit building- have been interested in aviation since ms flightsim2002. very recently the notion of building my own cockpit has sparked my desire to learn as much as i can. i must admit how complex and involved it can be. so many skills are called upon.

anyways just wanna say hello and intro myself- I really hope I can learn as much as i can before attempting anything. 

I figured atm if i can get myself an affordable cad program i can draw and sketch my ideas it would save time and money while still in the research and development phase of my build.

cheers
bara

Bob Reed

Glad to have you here. What aircraft are you gong to build? There is a large number of "down under" folks here! Lots of knowledge here use the search engine and when that turns nothing up, as away!

Aerosim Solutions

G'day mate from Gwyn over here in Perth, welcome to CB.com...
Boeing 737NG using Prepar3D v4.5, Prosim737, FDS SYS cards, FDS CDUs, CP Flight MCP Pro & EFIS Pro & Aerosim Solutions hardware of course!<br />Check out my website here -<br />http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

barramundi

in all honesty I have gone through atleast 10 different design ideas for what I want to build!! its bloody heart breaking how much change I go through!!!!!!!!!!! lol

thing is i am trying to envisage something very realistic, easy to build (at-least within my capabilities for the moment-or until i build my skills)

basically atm im set on building a hybrid- what I mean is I take what i like from different aircraft and try to implement it into my own little imagination.

thats why the best thing i can do for myself atm is to invest in a good cad program ( but unfortunatlly this is a new area for me) I had my heart set on solid works but the price tag is just not realistic. i do have a family to support

anyways its good to know there are a few folks down under-
just a though if there was a social club of some sort were cockpit builder meet to share ideas and learn from each other here in oz????

Drewsta

Gday Barra!! I'm a 767 builder in the Whitsundays Queensland..welcome to the never ending joy, heartache, thrilling, rewarding and crazyness that is cockpit building. Lots of help and ideas here. I'm all for a social meet and greet at some point, sounds fun.

Drew

barramundi

Thanks Drew

767 you say!!! that is an all time fav actually!!!  maybe some day we someone will be able to put an event for us down here in oz. such a big disappointment the expo in luna park had to be cancelled was looking forward to it!!!!!

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate