Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 02:43:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
542 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 550
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 542
Total: 542

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Hello from the UK

Started by Jake 747 400, October 02, 2011, 02:55:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake 747 400

Hey everyone

I'm new to the forum but not completely new to sim building, I started building a 747-400 simulator about 3 years ago now when i was 15, its still very much an ongoing project with not alot of progress to the simulator now as to what it was like in the first year, this is because i have been building a place for the sim to live, now the 'sim-room' is almost done i can resume work on my sim.
I have to MIP and centre ped next i will build the shell, but i also plan to rebuild my glare shield to a better standard and centre ped, but keeping the MIP.

I recognise a few member names from over at the mycockpit forum, and i think the only person I know here is Phil744 (AKA the panel master) and fellow English man.

Just wanted to say hello, theres some awsome sims coming to life here with some great work on display,
very inspiring :)

Jake

jackpilot

Well Jake, here the traditionnal Welcome Aboard.
I remember your posts on MC
You just joined a good crew of mad men and women ready to contribute to your build and share your passion for the Big Bird. :D
Jack

Jack

mikeh

Hi Jake - welcome - you are certainly not alone
Myself  and NeoMorph both hail from UK and not that far apart in the midlands
Maybe we will get a chance to meet up
ATR72 build project

NeoMorph

Yup, me and Mikeh are the British ATR 72 nutters (must be mad with so little support for the aircraft).

Better than those yanks with all their Boeings eh... oh hold on... your 747 is a Boei... err... oh dear!

Never mind me... Just call me "Mr Foot-In-The-Mouth-As-Usual". :D

Oh and I'm Redditch. And my name isn't Kevin Turvey. ;)
John AKA NeoMorph... Gamer, Simmer, AnythingToGetOutOfNormalLife...er

Project: ATR 72-500, Ruscool panels, OpenCockpits Electronics.
Currently Doing: Awaiting coloured acrylic for colouring rear lighting and working on final versions of overhead panel fixtures (Yay, finally!)

Bob Reed

Welcome aboard Jake. You have come to the right place to share this sickness. And John, there is not much support for the B200 either!

NeoMorph

Ahh but it's not your first sim Bob. To be honest I think I was a little silly to start off with an ATR 72... Should have started with a Cessna 172 (at least I've actually flown those). I think I planned to do that and just missed out the 1 at the beginning. ;)

John AKA NeoMorph... Gamer, Simmer, AnythingToGetOutOfNormalLife...er

Project: ATR 72-500, Ruscool panels, OpenCockpits Electronics.
Currently Doing: Awaiting coloured acrylic for colouring rear lighting and working on final versions of overhead panel fixtures (Yay, finally!)

Bob Reed

Quote from: NeoMorph on October 03, 2011, 06:21:52 AM
Ahh but it's not your first sim Bob. To be honest I think I was a little silly to start off with an ATR 72... Should have started with a Cessna 172 (at least I've actually flown those). I think I planned to do that and just missed out the 1 at the beginning. ;)

True, but even my 73 was almost all self built or making other parts work. I bought very little actual 73 stuff besides when I was building the 73 not 1/4 of what is out there now was available. And there is a pit not too many people know about. Before the 73 I was building a CRJ.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate