Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 04, 2024, 10:54:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
553 Guests, 1 User
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 583
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 553
Total: 554

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

new to website... not to sim

Started by simlady/ Karen, October 16, 2011, 11:27:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

simlady/ Karen

Hello everyone. I'm the other half of Blueskydriver. I thought it was about time I got my butt in the cockpit and fly with him since I've helped build it, the past 10 years or so.

Now that the construction stage is almost over.. (does it really ever end?)...I thought I would give it a go. The flying is good as long as we don't do hard banks, my stomach can't take it yet and sickness bags have not been installed. (That's another thing to add to my list.)

I just wanted to say HI to everyone because I hear so MUCH about other peoples cockpits and what they are doing that I thought I better start looking for myself so I knew what to expect next for a project.  :angel:

Talk to every one soon as I do more flying...  ;D

matta757

Welcome aboard! It's always fun to have a flying partner, especially if that person has been helping build the beast!

Matt

Bob Reed

Hello simlady. Nice to see you posting. Do you fix dryers? Mine just died... lol 

simlady/ Karen

yep got it fixed. I'm happy that we didn't have to buy a new one. I can now send husband to get new cockpit seats now. Just did 4 hour flight with him and my backside is sore... (from seat). 

I'll be doing more flights with him from now on...

Bob Reed

Quote from: simlady on October 16, 2011, 01:54:20 PM
yep got it fixed. I'm happy that we didn't have to buy a new one. I can now send husband to get new cockpit seats now. Just did 4 hour flight with him and my backside is sore... (from seat). 

I'll be doing more flights with him from now on...

Well you need to come fix mine! lol I don't think I am going to be so lucky. Think it is toast...... :-[

Trevor Hale

Wow! Welcome to the forum. Never had any cookouts here before. I must congradulate you for your 10 year tolerance of our outrageous hobby.

I look forward to seeing more of you around. Perhaps you should start your own cockpit next to bsd's so you can show him up. Lol.

Glad to have you here.
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

simlady/ Karen

Thanks. I've heard your name alot.... all good.

We have another cockpit, 727 in my driveway... just waiting for the building to go up so that we can have them both in the same area.  It might be a year or so yet.

I think the hobby is insane..outrageous is putting it lightly.  :)

I'm sure I'll be around more as I get more involved.

Maurice

You poor, poor lady!!! You can't even get away from him when he gets lost in his sim  ::). My wife lives for those moments of pure freedom   ;D

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

Rodney

Welcome SimLady!  That's just awesome that you build and fly.

When you gonna tell him it's really not his anymore?

simlady/ Karen

Maurice, I look at it this way, he's married to the sim, I'm the mistress.

Rodney, I have always been a builder and a hands on kind of person, thought I would give flying a try. It's not to bad as long as I don't get motion sick, Air sickness bags have not been installed...yet.

He already knows it's not his...  :laugh:

MLeavy737

Simlady,
  Cool, welcome! Thats awesome ya'll build and fly together!  I remember when i had my sim flyable,  wife and i took a few little trips.. Was a blast.

Mike L
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

jackpilot

Sorry to be so late K. Sort of missed that post.
Welcome aboard...(4 stripes on both seats hey!)
Jack

Jack

simlady/ Karen

Hi Jack...

I don't know about both of us wearing 4 stripes at the same time. Someone has to be in charge... we'll have a quatar handy to flip each time we fly.  ;D

jackpilot

2X4stripes happen when a 3 calls sick!...or when rotations are screwed up.
:D

Jack

MLeavy737

Quote from: jackpilot on October 19, 2011, 05:30:54 AM
2X4stripes happen when a 3 calls sick!...or when rotations are screwed up.
:D

Or 2x4 stripes happen when a company is not properly staffed and a scab captain wants to make extra money even though there are people on forlough... From what ive seen anyhow :)

Btw the FO and CA roles at airlines are so defined that most CA's will not accept an FO assignment if asked by scheduling. The feeling is they just dont feel comfortable with the flows and all the Other things that FO's do to make a CA's job easy. After all, the FO's do all the work :)

Mike L
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

XOrionFE

That's funny Mike.  That's what I used to say when I was a Flight Engineer.  Pilots had the easy job....we FEs did all the work!

:-)

scott

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate