Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 11:41:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
349 Guests, 1 User
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 374
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 349
Total: 350

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Another hello from Texas...DFW area.

Started by DEDHead, February 14, 2012, 09:21:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DEDHead

Hello everyone:

Just joined cockpit builders and thought I'd give a shout out.  I'm a lifelong aviation fan (though still have yet to go get a PPL) and have been simming since the mid-eighties on my C64.  Now finally with the skills and wherewithall I am getting serious with my quest for simpit.  I have created a blog @ www.adssimpits.com that I will be keeping up-to-date with my progress. I started the blog a couple years ago but due to a couple detours and large projects at work am now just getting going in earnest.

I am building a B737-800 using iFly's new 737NG Pro Cockpit Builders Edition as the basis for the flight, systems and glass models.  I actually have a couple of goals for the build; obviously the end goal of a working sim but also the goal custom designing and building as much of the sim as possible.  Goal #1 is the driver so if need be, will sacrifice Goal #2 for the sake of meeting Goal #1 when obstacles or time dictates going with a commercial product.

Cheers,

Don

DEDHead

From my new blog post...
QuoteSo here's a quick mockup of a B737 simpit located in my designated sim-room.  This is from an accurate model of the front corner of my house that I have been drawing for another home improvement project.  The mockup is a close fascimile of the size of real simpit with the mockup of a 12ft diameter 210o wrap-around screen (with room to go 225o+ if wanted). Can't see from the angle of the render, but the room's entry door is from the hallway in the middle and lines up fairly well with where the door to the simpit will be if I choose to model the back bulkhead and breaker panels.

So the mockup shows that everything will indeed fit but care will have to be taken to ensure that it is built in such a way to allow for getting it in and out the room.  The room has a 9ft ceiling so I should have no problems with projector placement. It is also tucked into a corner that doesn't get much light and only has the one window and gets good cooling to it as well. I'll also have to hinge the screen in some fashion so that the closet will still be accessible.

I have preliminary approval the Housing Space Allocation chairwoman but I'll probably have to give up my existing office in trade. Since I work at home a lot doing software development, I will need to either make space or fashion some way of doing traditional mouse/keyboarding with a "normal" monitor in the pit itself.

Fun challenges to be sure...

http://www.adssimpits.com/Simpits/Archived_Content/Blog_Single.aspx?BlogID=47

Trevor Hale

Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.  Wow, that is one heck of a project.  Your Wife must be looking forward to that.. LOL  Congrats on your project thus far.  You must be very proud.  If your skills at simming are as good as your skills are rendering your going to go very far in this hobby.

If you need anything, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

Trev 
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

jackpilot

Hey, looking like a nice exec BBJ with en suite bathroom and bar!
Welcome aboard..
Jack

Jack

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate