Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 04, 2024, 01:03:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
573 Guests, 1 User
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 583
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 573
Total: 574

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Hello from OpusFSX - Flight Simulator Interface for Microsoft FSX

Started by OpusFSX, April 17, 2012, 03:51:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OpusFSX

Nick

I see you are using a Matrox TripleHead 2Go, we don't have one of these to test with, maybe the use of the TripleHead 2Go has resulted in the streched image.

Would you care to test a modified version of the software, if we provide you with the means to input a test parameter so that the program can alter the scaling, perhaps divide the width by three. I could also display a text box with the width height values in, these should help us to determine the actual scaling differences with the Matrox TripleHead 2Go installed.

If you are agreeable could you please email me at opusfsi@opussoftware.co.uk and I will prepare something for you.

Stephen

Flying_Fox

Hi Stephen,

On my system I use TH2GO at 3840 x 1024 resolution which goes to 3 projectors. There is also second LCD monitor at 1366 x 768 connected.

The docked views are very important for single pc + TH2GO + projectors setup.

This is what is used for 3 projectors display, however in the forum messages I believe it  often referred as using "3 UNDOCKED views". This is not correct, because in fact they are docked windowed views and they exist within the FSX application window.

Just to clarify what I mean again - correct me if I am wrong :)
-The DOCKED views have only 1-pixel black border around them (if the view is active then the border is white) and they exist only within FSX application window. They cannot be moved outside FSX application window.
-The UNDOCKED views have also the window frame around the image with the window title and x button. They can be moved outside FSX application window.

In any case the frame and the border are not needed for projectors setup. The warping software like NTHUSIM or Warpalizer can crop the 1-pixel border from docked windowed views. I use Immersive Display Lite 2, which also has the options to remove the border and the frame, but I could not get border removin option to work, so I still have those vertical lines so far.

There can be more than 3 views used, but that will give even bigger hit on the frame rates.

I believe many of us use WindowMaker tool (created by wledzian) to setup those views - I referred to that in my previous message. However, the views also can be created interactively through FSX and then adjusted manually. This is also described in Ivar Hestnes  "Visual system tutorial" which you can currently find at

http://www.flightdeck737.be/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Visual-system-tutorial.pdf

I will just repeat here how this setup works. This appies to the setup with 3 projectors and warping software. Using TH2Go with 3 monitors or flat TV screens is somewhat different, and probably could use undocked windows.

In fact this setup needs 4 views - three actual scenic views (left, center, right) - they are not active windows - and one active view [Window.1]. FSX requires at least on active view in order to use it in Maximized mode (Alt+Enter). This active view is not needed to display anything, so to minimize its impact on performance [Window.1] is resized to 1 pixel size, zoomed way in  and its camera pointed straight up. This minimizes its workload. Here is again the sample data from my .FLT file for the 1-pixel Active window and Left view window:

[Window.1]
Order=0
Active=True
Undocked=False

Maximized=False
ScreenUniCoords=4, 4, 1, 1
CurrentCamera={B1386D92-4782-4682-A137-738E25D1BAB5}

[Camera.1.1]
Guid={B1386D92-4782-4682-A137-738E25D1BAB5}
Zoom=255
Translation=0, 0, 0
Rotation=-90, 0, 0

[Window.2]
Order=2
Active=False
Undocked=False

Maximized=False
ScreenUniCoords=1, 0, 2731, 6144
CurrentCamera={C95EAB58-9E4A-4E2A-A34C-D8D9D948F078}

[Camera.2.1]
Guid={C95EAB58-9E4A-4E2A-A34C-D8D9D948F078}
Zoom=0.522978816687533
Translation=0, 0, 0
Rotation=0, -60, 0

All 4 views are saved in .FLT files. It's convenient to have those window definitions right in default flight .FLT file. Then when FSX starts all you need to do is to switch to the desired airport, load the flight and press Alt+Enter to go to Maximized screen.

Your OpusFSX software could be useful here because it can help creating, zooming and aligning the views interactively.
However (so far) saving/restoring views is not suitable for the work with TH2GO projectors setup.

I tried to:

Position/resize 3 docked views within FSX application window.
Converted them to UNDOCKED views
Save them
Closed views
Reopened views
Again, converted them to UNDOCKED views
Restored views (they were restored incorrectly sized and positioned)
Tried to convert then back to docked views - it resulted in 3 overlapping full-screen forward views.

So, as it is now, it will not work for TH2GO + projectors.

I am still not sure how/where OpusFSX saves the views, I can only see the camera definitions in aircraft.cfg file, like

[CameraDefinition.992]
Title = "OpusFSX Windowed View 3"
Guid = {01021987-E220-6507-1024-462840738992}
Description = OpusFSX Cutomized Scenic View
Origin = Cockpit
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = FALSE
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = FALSE
Track = None
ShowAxis = FALSE
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 1.0
SmoothZoomTime = 0.0
ShowWeather = Yes
InitialXyz = 0,0,0
InitialPbh = 0,0,60
XyzAdjust = TRUE
AllowPbhAdjust = TRUE
Category=Custom
MomentumEffect=FALSE
ClipMode=Minimum
PitchPanRate=30
HeadingPanRate=75
PanAcceleratorTime=0
hotkeyselect = 4

but that one, for example, has InitialZoom = 1.0, and  Zoom = 0.5, which I set for this camera is  apparently stored somewhere else.

What if you would try to save the views parameters in .FLT file instead, in [Window.x] definitions referring them to OpusFSX camera definitions GUIDs? This possibly could work for both docked and undocked views.  And there might be no need to Restore the views.

Thanks,
Nick

OpusFSX

Hi Nick

You are perfectly correct in your assumptions about docked and undocked windows.

Thanks for all the information, we are going to investigate upgrading the Save Views and Restore Views options to act on both docked and undocked windows. I will look to save the window details separately so when you restore the window, the final position and size will depend on the window state. In other words, you will be able to have preferred docked and undocked positions and sizes.

I will keep you informed of our progress and put all beta versions on the web for people to try out.

We will also look more closely at the FLT file options, but there may be problems trying to select the window from within software, the view controls in SimConnect are very basic and very limited.

The definition for our standard OpusFSX External View is stored at the front of the Cameras.CFG file in the user's AppData Roaming folder.

The configured OpusFSX Windowed Views are appended to the relevant aircraft.cfg files.

We have to tie everything together carefully, always considering the very limited view controls provided by MS within SimConnect.

As I mentioned before, we can only alter the eye position within the FSX main view window, hence, we edit all views in this window. The final window definition which includes the fixed eye position, camera type etc. is built and all aircraft.cfg files modified when you click on the Save All Camera Views button.

We are able to set the zoom level for both the Windowed and non-Windowed views (docked or undocked) within the software, but to do so it is very important, essential even, that the correct default zoom level is stored in the aircraft.cfg file definition. This is because all zooms are referenced from this known base level.

I should be able to make a start on the above upgrade either tomorrow or at the weekend. If successful we can discuss further enhancements after the beta testing.

Regards
Stephen

OpusFSX

We have upgraded the Save Views and Restore Views options to act on both docked and undocked windows.

Live Camera DHM (Dynamic Head Movement)

Version 1.50 of OpusFSX is now available for download. This version includes the initial release of the ultra-realistic Live Camera DHM (Dynamic Head Movement) or virtual cockpit Camera Shake options. These options provide a realistic DHM for the taxiing, takeoff, and landing phases of flight (airborne and turbulent phases will be added in the near future). All DHMs are based on actual real-life 3D accelerometer data.

Version 2.0 Beta with Live Weather Engine Now Available

The OpusFSX version 2 Beta software and accompanying PDF document is available for download on our Downloads page. This Beta version includes our new Live Weather Engine (only available to licensed users, not available in the Demonstration software).

OpusFSX version 2.0 will be a free upgrade to all licensed users. The OpusFSX Live Weather Engine makes use of our new Dynamic Weather Themes to provide the most advanced weather updating software in the marketplace.The use of Dynamic Weather Themes has without any doubt set a new standard for weather updates within the FSX and Prepar3D simulator community. These dynamic themes have allowed Opus to provide the most efficient and accurate weather updates for the Microsoft FSX and Lockheed Martin's Prepar3D simulators. These benefits include,

Instant weather updates with no screen flicker.
  Perfect synchronisation of dynamic weather and cloud formations on networked systems.
  Specify your own dynamic weather themes using a simple METAR import file.
  No METAR voids or unrealistic globalised weather.
  Changing weather patterns visible en route.
  No inconsistencies with ATC.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate