Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 04:48:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
516 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 567
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 516
Total: 516

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Hello from EHBK

Started by Buster99, October 03, 2012, 02:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buster99

Hello everyone,

My name is Marc and I am new in the simulator builders world.
This site looks very promising and hopefully I will be able to learn and share.

I have not started a proper build but am in the reading and learning phase.
Currently I fly FSX with the PMDG NGX and have a CPFlight MCP-Pro and EFIS hooked up via USB.

Best Regards,
Marc from the Netherlands

Joe Lavery

Hello Marc,

Let me be the first to welcome you to the forum, it's a collection of crazy (but nice  ;)) people, who will help and advise you while arguing over the merits of such advice.  ;D

Seriously. the knowledge on tap here in incredible, so take good advantage of it.

Sounds like you have a good start there, most of us start will flight sim, a joystick and a bucketful of ideas that usually take years to accomplish.  ::)

Regards
Joe Lavery.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

blueskydriver

Hi Marc,

Welcome to the "Insane Asylum"...uh, I mean Cockpit Builders... You will find a lot of Nut Cases here...speaking of myself of course; although, the others will admit it one way or the other! Seriously, everyone here is one big happy internet family, so enjoy your new home.

By the way, here is the way it started for me...ice cream sticks and cardboard. Follow the link to see the first pictures I ever posted back in 2006:

http://www.opencockpits.com/index.php/en/gallery/category/51-johncombs?limitstart=0

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

fsaviator

Quote from: blueskydriver on October 04, 2012, 12:32:35 AM

By the way, here is the way it started for me...ice cream sticks and cardboard. Follow the link to see the first pictures I ever posted back in 2006:

http://www.opencockpits.com/index.php/en/gallery/category/51-johncombs?limitstart=0

John
BSD, no wonder you chose to go the route of a real shell....  the first one you built was way to small to even sit in...  was that a metric to standard conversion issue?
;D
Warren "FSAviator"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com  |  https://www.facebook.com/fsaviator/
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

Jetcos

Hi Marc,

FS Weekend is coming up. Good place to start meeting people and suppliers.

Welcome to the Forum.

Steve Cos
Flightdeck Solutions, Newmarket Ontario,Canada
Special Projects and Technical Support

Buster99

Hello all,

Thank you for the warm welcome.
I have noticed that there is a lot of information here which I will make most thankfull use of.
Hopefully I will be able to add myself as well.

Best Regards,
Marc

P.S. I will most definitely attend the FSWeekend 2012 (booked a hotel for both days!!)

blueskydriver

Hey Warren,

That's funny, but true! Still, you know how it is when you start in this hobby...your wife only gives you so much space at first, and then it takes years to convince her to let you takeover the whole garage or an entire family room! And, you have to appease her along the way; until, she eventually wants her own F16 sim. At that point, you can get whatever you want...uh, well almost anything... I asked for a mistress, but wife says she is my mistress and the simulator is my wife...

Yet, she says being mistress is better for her because unlike a wife, she doesn't have to worry about me being with the other woman. And, since my simulator, that is my wife, only speaks when I am on it...opps, I mean in it...uh, okay neither sound right..., but the sim wife doesn't care about the mistress.

Crazy?

Yes, but I admit it, besides being crazy is much funny then being serious...and you have twice the pleasure, twice the fun!...hint hint...you're a guy, you get it.

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate