Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 02:28:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
217 Guests, 1 User
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 235
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 217
Total: 218

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Hello from Michigan Grumman Goose cockpit for 2

Started by mr grumman goose, December 17, 2012, 03:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr grumman goose

Hello Cockpit Builders out there,
                                                       My name is Robert and I wanted to introduce myself to you all out there. I am a home cockpit builder and simulator enthusiast for
the past 13 years now. I first discovered computer aviation out in california back in 1999 flying f-16 on a tiny monitor in my brother inlaws den. I found out from my brother inlaw that he had a friend that was selling a thrustmaster f-16 cockpit in santa barbara. I went to check the f-16 out which at the time was in a storage facility, I had to have it so I arranged to have the tub shipped in a crate to michigan. After 1 long year of hard work I had the f-16 incorporated into a spare room downstairs. Many hours were spent using falcon 4.0 then I had discovered xplane and never looked back.  The f-16 is now gone to a new owner in northern wisconsin.    6 years went by and I had the need to rekindle my simulator hobby but this next project caught me off guard because I had no idea what I was really getting into but once I started I kept my determination going.   I hand built out of wood and metal a replica to scale 1940 Grumman Goose 2 seater fully enclosed cockpit with working flight controls, 180 degree projector screen with 3 short throw projectors running matrox th2go all powered by one pc.  The screen in the pics is the 3rd screen I had built. I scrapped my curved screen idea because I had much difficulty working with the flyelise lite2.   Cheers and I hope you enjoy the pictures. 

Robert

jskibo

Less than 4 years to retirement......

jackpilot

Jack

XOrionFE

mr grumman goose

Thankyou all for your reply's! I have always been a big fan of the Grumman Goose with it's Pratt & Whitney r985 aircooled 9 cylinder radial engines that would boast 600HP each. I figured if there was any aircraft out there worth simulating it would be the Goose.  I love the feature that xplane has that allows you to land on a lake or large body of water, scoop up 2500 gallons and fly to a fire and extuingish it. 

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate