Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 08:54:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
512 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 567
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 512
Total: 512

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Hi, my name is...

Started by ColinB, January 14, 2013, 11:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ColinB

Hi, my name is Colin, I am the founder of a small group called GA Simulation where we aim to fly in groups for fun.

I have come here because I am venturing into the home cockpit building (small scale for now).

I will post my questions in the appropriate forum.

Thanks
Colin
Founder of GA Simulation

A group set up for fans of GA flying to chat and share anything GA related.

Also Find us on Facebook GA Simulation on FACEBOOK

XOrionFE

Hello Collin and welcome to CB!

Scott

Trevor Hale

Welcome Colin, Good to have you here!

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

blueskydriver

Hi Colin,

Welcome to the big "CB"...Crazy Builders, uh...okay...Cockpit Builders! By the way, I am the crazy funny one, next too my (scratch that...everyone's) buddy Maurice...he's just crazy...crazy in love with cockpit building that is. Don't let his postings fool ya...lol.

There are quite a few GA builders here, some even have heavy metal sims like the B737 and a GA going, so even though it might seem they're heavy on the heavy aircraft side...funny, I must be slap happy or something...anyway, point is, a lot of guys either started with GA and moved up. Or, they did/are doing both (like Scott) above me, or they might be going back to GA now.

As weird as it seems, with CB being a trend setting website, it seems some guys have reached the pinnacle of heavy metal sims and are now switching because GA is more hands on and less computerized. Therefore, you starting a GA Group/Club is a very good approach because these guys looking to go back to GA might eventually be on your club's membership list.

Otherwise, welcome to the CB and look forward to reading your post. However, don't look forward too mine so much; unless, your drunk or really tired. Tired because you'll understand "slap happy" writing. And, only drunk brcause you won't care what I write, so it'll make even more sense.

Best Regards,

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

ColinB

Thanks everyone.
Blue Sky Diver thanks for your feed back about the GA group, one of my members already has a fully functioning Cockpit built, you can see it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsH8WyG
He is using the cabin and most of the controls of a real Cessna 152.

I am hoping someone can help me with my query in another forum on Cockpit Builders

http://www.cockpitbuilders.com/community/index.php?topic=3061.msg23717;topicseen#new
Founder of GA Simulation

blueskydriver

Colin,

Your second link is incorrect, it comes back to this thread. I think you might have meant it to go to another location in CB...please crosscheck.

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

ColinB

Founder of GA Simulation

Maurice

Quote from: blueskydriver on January 15, 2013, 05:50:28 AM
Colin,

Your second link is incorrect, it comes back to this thread. I think you might have meant it to go to another location in CB...please crosscheck.

John

First link does not work either, and John, calling me crazy puts you in the criminally insane category  ;D

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

ColinB

http://youtu.be/IsH8WyG697o that should be the correct link for the Video

Does the link to my post work now? The AV8R one?
Founder of GA Simulation

jskibo

Holy cow.....

A C152 with a G530 in the Panel. 
That makes the Panel worth more than the plane, Sadly :)
Less than 4 years to retirement......

ColinB

and since then he has improved the dash and is in the process of installing a motion system.
Founder of GA Simulation

Maurice

Great video! It's amazing how just seeing the wing adds to the realism. I'm quite sure one can have at least as much fun if not more than flying big iron.

Maurice

jskibo

Quote from: Maurice on January 15, 2013, 11:13:45 AM
Great video! It's amazing how just seeing the wing adds to the realism. I'm quite sure one can have at least as much fun if not more than flying big iron.

Maurice
c'mon Mau, you don't actually see much of the wing flying over the Rockies at night in Snow on the way to Vegas.....Just ask me :)

makoy

Wow, very nice visuals you have there. Love to ride that backwards position, lol  ;D
FS9 / Posky 777 / OC cards and sioc / FreeFD / VasFMC / ProMFD / FSuipc & WideFS / 3 PCs / 3 projector / all homemade. https://www.facebook.com/MakoysB777er

XOrionFE

wow nice simulator

Gave me some great ideas for my GA cockpit...Uh....Maurice....stop me please!!! :o

Scott

Maurice

Quote from: jskibo on January 15, 2013, 11:26:55 AM
Quote from: Maurice on January 15, 2013, 11:13:45 AM

Maurice
c'mon Mau, you don't actually see much of the wing flying over the Rockies at night in Snow on the way to Vegas.....Just ask me :)

True, but shitting bricks (pardon the language) makes up for it and enhances the reality, especially if you wonder if the wing is still there  :)

Maurice

Maurice

Quote from: XOrionFE on January 15, 2013, 11:51:35 AM
wow nice simulator

Gave me some great ideas for my GA cockpit...Uh....Maurice....stop me please!!! :o

Scott

Absolutely NOT. Closing in your GA cockpit is a no brainier and you will have the best of both worlds. Go for it.

Maurice

jskibo

Scott, you do that and you will block the path to your 737 sim :)  Or the wife will have to pass you food through the basement window

XOrionFE

Quote from: jskibo on January 15, 2013, 12:08:41 PM
Scott, you do that and you will block the path to your 737 sim :)  Or the wife will have to pass you food through the basement window

I think she would kick me out! :-\

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate