Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 07:06:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
231 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 239
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 231
Total: 231

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Good Morning from KORD

Started by Suhail, January 31, 2013, 12:09:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suhail

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Suhail from Chicago, IL (Hanover Park to be precise). I've loved Boeing jets since I can remember and never thought about the possibility of going beyond just "playing" FSX. Well after reading through a lot of this forum and mycockpit.org, I have to say you all have done a wonderful job in not only showing people that it can be done, but encouraging others to join the community. My hats off to all of you!

As of right now, I currently have no SIM hardware other than a 24" screen and computer running X-Plane 10 (thanks to Scott/XOrionFE who was so convincing in his posts that it's better than FSX, and was right IMO). I am at a crossroads as to whether I should mentally prep myself to build a 737NG or 777 cockpit. I personally like the 777 one better. Only time will tell I guess...

I've been reading about the different systems and manufacturers of hardware and software for XPlane and have just been overwhelmed by the amount of stuff out there for it. I would prefer to build my own sim parts but have no clue how to go about wiring up and configuring those parts to the sim. I should warn you that I will likely be asking a LOT of questions.

Sorry for the long post.  Catch you all later!

Suhail
Boeing 737-800 or 777 (not sure yet)
X-Plane 10 on a slow Pentium 4 PC with crappy NVIDIA GeForce 210 Graphics :(

jskibo

Welcome.

Scott is near you, blueskdriver is north of you and I'm across the lake!

Build what you like to fly, but do plan, plan, plan.  What software are you planning to use?  Sim Avionics has a 777 package and functions with Xplane, don't know of others.

777 has a lot of Korry switches.  FDS has an EM1 switch that's like a Korry at a better price.
Less than 4 years to retirement......

Suhail

Yeah planning has been all that's been on my mind. But with so much going into a simulator, I'm going to have to start somewhere. I'm debating whether I should spend all that money on a glass cockpit or go the hardware route first. And, I gotta make space for this beast in my house somewhere  :-\

fsaviator

Take my advice...  if I had to do it all over again, I would just bulldoze the house and buy a full 737NG fuselage to put in it's place.  It's a win-win situation!  You don't have to worry about making room for it, it is MUCH easier to remodel the inside to add the amenities you need to live with, than to build the cockpit by hand, and you can use the wings as a terrace and carport. ;D :idiot:
Warren "FSAviator"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com  |  https://www.facebook.com/fsaviator/
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

Suhail

Wow now that would be a dream come true. Though the wife would have a little problem with that. My 15 month old son already started tearing things down in the house so maybe bulldozing it is the next step  :)

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate