Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 03:01:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
578 Guests, 1 User
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 585
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 578
Total: 579

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Phidget I/O with FSUIPC

Started by sagrada737, February 28, 2013, 08:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sagrada737

I'm hoping someone will be able to provide some comments on how the Phidget card handles communication with FSX.  I am currently using WideClient FS9 for communication with my FSX computer to the Sim-Avionics computer.

What I want to do is to get FSUIPC "value status" information that the Phidget can process to produce a result, eg. activate an output, or display the actual value, eg. throttle value, or an analog voltage that I can process.

Comments on this would be helpful, especially if there is a simple example of how this works.  Thanks.

Mike
Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

Maurice

Not sure I fully understand what you are after but if you are trying to find out the actual value of a particular offset at any given time, you can use FSInterrogate or Phidgets software for that matter.  The name of the Phidgets program that gives you that info escapes me right now but it is there somewhere.

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

sagrada737

Thanks Maurice. 

Question:  Where can you download FS2Phidgets.exe ?  I can't seem to find it on the Phidgets web site, or anywhere else for that matter.

Mike
Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

Maurice

It's still available I believe in the myCockpit.org forum and you will probably need to register to download it.

Maurice

sagrada737

Thanks Maurice.  I did find the fs2Phidgets download on the MyCockpit forum located here for future reference:

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=20

The latest version:   FS2Phidget4365 requires .NET 1.1.4322 and related ServicePak.  I installed this on my Sim-Avionics computer which talks to the FSX computer via WideClient.

At this point, I don't have my Phidget 8/8/8 card yet, so I am playing with the FS2Phidget5 "emulator".

Next question:  Where can I download the documentation for FS2Phidgets5, as it doesn't seem to be in the downloaded zip file.  Any ideas?

Mike

Maurice

If I recall correctly, the early versions of the Phidgets software included a simple manual but the later versions did not include one. Instead, you have to use the Help section of the program. There should be a .chm help file somewhere in the FS2Phidget folder in Program Files.

If you can't find the help file, I can send it to you but it may be an old version as I never upgraded the software once I finished my TQ ( I had no need to upgrade)

Maurice

sagrada737

Hi Maurice,

The documentation/help file you mentioned is not in the fs2phidgets download, so if you wouldn't mind, please send it to me. 

Even an older version would be better than nothing at this point.  I'll keep looking as well.  Thanks.

Mike

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate