Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 04, 2024, 03:00:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
553 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 583
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 553
Total: 553

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Good example of home cockpit done cheaply, but looks great...

Started by blueskydriver, February 26, 2013, 08:50:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueskydriver

Hey New Members,

If you don't have a lot of money to start, take a look at this guys YouTube video. What he has done is a perfect example of DIY and all the while, doing it cheap.

http://youtu.be/23yLJBkf0K4

John

Edit: This is not mine. I have FDS items and if you do have the money, IMHO, you should consider them...
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

ohsirus

steveeverson

Thats brilliant!, I love this guys ingenuity especially the throttle setup :)
another bedroom boeing....

Boeing Skunk Works

That's a good job on the cheap. I'd be a little worried about that flap and SB lever though. Maybe beef that up some. Looks kind of spindley.

He did a great job and has the essentials with the resemblence of the real thing. Nothing wrong with that at all.
Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

Joe Lavery

He's added a bit more since the first video, new seats. etc.

Boeing 737-800 home cockpit update

I like the ingenious method of moving the seats out of the way. Surprising how you can make do if you can't afford the real thing.
Hats off to a pretty decent job.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

Maurice

I for one cannot believe he can operate without that famous 1" gauge  :o. For the love of humanity Jack, please help him acquire one ASAP  ;D

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

Maurice

Just wanted to add that this is a very smart fellow who is able to achieve his dreams while staying within his means. And I bet he is able to enjoy the flying part just about as much as someone with all the bells and whistles, if not even more knowing that he built most of it himself.

Kudos to his ingenuity.

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

Joe Lavery

Exactly right Maurice, how many guys do we know that start to build a pit but insist on perfection, so they never fly it, or finish it...
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

jskibo

Northern does side sliders for the seats as well as Jrails, but they are $1500.....this guy should go in business :)
Less than 4 years to retirement......

Boeing Skunk Works

Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

rhysb

Superb example!!!

Makes us all remember the point of this hobby, rolling our minds into thinking we are in the real thing and let's be fair although its nice to spend all the money we do sometimes you don't have too!!
One wheel landings, tail scrapes... just doing my best!!
737 classic sim. Xplane 10 64bit on 3 i5 pc's. FDS IBL overhead, FDS CDU's & CCU's, Simvionics Panels, CP Flight MCP/EFIS, engravity & homemade MIP, prosim737, project magenta, GLB interior panels.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate