Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 10:58:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
464 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 497
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 464
Total: 464

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Hello everyone! French guy in Scotland :)

Started by TarikMerryface, March 22, 2013, 02:07:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TarikMerryface

Hey guys,

I've shadowed this site once or twice, and decided to join, considering the lack of youtube-like vile attacks and language. :)

I can't wait to start to know you guys!

Here's the thing. I'm a university student doing distance learning for my ATPL written. I hold a PPL, less than a hundred hours, and I am an avid sim user.

I know NOTHING about anything that would help build a cockpit.

I can't program, I have mediocre to non-existent DIY skills, last time I soldered something was when I made an alarm clock at school about 10 years ago.

Seriously. I recently made a table out of four metal table legs and a table top I found in the bin. I cut out a section to create a stabilized platform for my Saitek throttle quadrant and I felt like I was Bear Grylls who had successfully built his overly complex shelter (I love the dude). Oh and I drilled a whole for my cables and that also felt pretty damn good.

So please be patient with me.  ;D I am intelligence-proof when it comes to these things, but building that table really got me curious and going.

I would really like to learn and I was told this was the best place for it.

Thanks,

Tarik  ;)

jackpilot

Bienvenue à Bord Tarik.

Your PPL to ATP trajectory shows that your brain cells are quite capable of guiding your hands!
Building a sim today is more a matter of assembling than creating, especially if you go for a generic whatever( single , twin, jet...)
We all learned how to, over many years, out of curiosity and challenge.
Your comments on our forum are appreciated.
Jack

Jack

sagrada737

Welcome Aboard Tarik! 

From your post, it sounds like you are a busy guy!  Considering what you described, I submit to you that your best approach would be to purchase Flight Deck Solution's (FDS) turn-key sim solution with their JetMax simulator.  The Single seat JetMax 737 trainer offers a lot of bang for the dollar (pound).  Save yourself a lot of headaches, and get the JetMax.  FDS is one of the best suppliers in this sim market, and you can count on them for quality products and support.

Here is their web link:  http://www.jetmax.ca/

Just one opinion...

Mike
Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

TarikMerryface

Thanks guys! :)

As for JetMax, the stuff was so beautiful I almost cried.

The trouble is it's still beyond my one time budget. I could get a second PPL at those prices :)

And I also like having a versatile set up :) That way I can fly many aircraft types All I'd like to learn really is how to build and program movable switches and axis. I'm using a keyboard with stickers on them, which I macro-ed using HIDMacro. The trouble is I have to reset every key whenever I restart the computer! :/

That was a great suggestion though: Had I the budget, I'd be right on that!

Thanks again :)

PS. Apologies for the horrible grammar in my first post.

Sean

Quote from: TarikMerryface on March 22, 2013, 08:25:58 AM
PS. Apologies for the horrible grammar in my first post.

???

Oh, and welcome to the forum. I'm down the road in Newcastle, if you're passing!

Sean

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate