Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 04, 2024, 07:49:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
554 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 583
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 554
Total: 554

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Hello from Bendigo Australia

Started by Karl737, April 13, 2013, 06:38:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karl737

Hello everyone,

I have spent a lot of time browsing this forum and thought it was about time I introduced myself and my project.

I was recently lucky enough to have the opportunity to purchase a nose section of a 736 (ex Austrian Airways OE-LNL) which I purchased through a company called Simzation. I must say they were absolutely fantastic to deal with and I highly recommend them.
This is my second flightdeck project, the first being built mainly of replica parts, but when the opportunity came up to get a real NG, I just couldn't help myself. All I can say is thank goodness I have an understanding wife!!!

I have attached some pics of progress to date and of it arriving at my home.

So far I have all the control loading done and am now in the process of "filling the holes" in the MIP.
The overhead panels are FDS and out of my previous sim and the MCP is CPFlight.

I will post more pics as I progress

Regards,
Karl

fsaviator

Warren "FSAviator"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com  |  https://www.facebook.com/fsaviator/
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

Bob Reed

Wow, a 600?! Nice find. Welcome to the madhouse! You will fit right on here.

737SimGuy

Hi Karl,

Outstanding acquisition, welcome to *real* ;-)

James

rhysb

Awesome sim, at first I thought it was an FDS shell etc (shows how good that is) but amazing real shell!

I'm guessing though that soon we may start seeing some more early NG shells
One wheel landings, tail scrapes... just doing my best!!
737 classic sim. Xplane 10 64bit on 3 i5 pc's. FDS IBL overhead, FDS CDU's & CCU's, Simvionics Panels, CP Flight MCP/EFIS, engravity & homemade MIP, prosim737, project magenta, GLB interior panels.

fsaviator

That's what I've been sayin'.  Hopefully by the time I move back to the US in the summer of 2015, I'll be able to score a nice NG nose section for a reasonable price
Warren "FSAviator"
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

blueskydriver

Warren,

So, in 2015 where will you be going? Checkout Fort McCoy, WI. Besides that, my neighbor's house is still for sale...

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

fsaviator

Not sure John.  Each year the choices get less and less.

The high percent chance and preferred spot is back to Colorado Springs for another tour.

Only time will tell.
Warren "FSAviator"

mickc

Hi Karl!

Looks great mate! 
I may have to drop in for a look one day, I'm up in Mildura :)

blueskydriver

Hi Karl,

Welcome to the CB, now that you introduced yourself (even though you'd browsed alot). Your sim looks really good already and it reminds me off getting the B727 that Karen (Simlady) and I have. All the planning, preparing and the eventual transporting; it was a great deal of work, but very rewarding! I am sure you're feeling that reward now...

I have to ask though, are you planning to remove all the insulation material from behind the MIP? If not, you should because the LCD monitors and other light items produce a good deal of heat, so you'll need a way for that heat to escape, as well as for cool air to circulate.

Please continue to post updates with more pics, as all of us love "Show & Tell"... ;D

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Aerosim Solutions

G'day mate, great project you have there! Hi from Perth...

Cheers Gwyn
Boeing 737NG using Prepar3D v4.5, Prosim737, FDS SYS cards, FDS CDUs, CP Flight MCP Pro & EFIS Pro & Aerosim Solutions hardware of course!<br />Check out my website here -<br />http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

Karl737

Thanks for all the comments so far guys! :)

John - Yes, it is my intention to remove the insulation. At the moment I'm just trial fitting up the panels, lightplates and DU screens and windows. Once I have everything spot on, i will remove everything to gain access to the insulation and do a final install.

Mick - Whenever you are down my way, you would be most welcome to come and have a look mate!

I will keep the pictures coming. I have some of the control loading I took when it was on its back, so I will post those shortly.
If anyone needs any specific pics, let me know and I would be happy to take them if that would be of help.

Cheers,
Karl

Nat Crea

Hey Karl

Looks great! A real nose down under finally.
Now I know why you went quiet for a while ;)
Only 90min North of Melbourne too..

Have fun mate,

Nat

Karl737

G'day Nat,

Good to hear from you.

Yes, went quiet for a while while I was waiting for the new toy, but back into it now!

Been following your transition to X Plane. Truly awesome stuff and very motivating mate! I think i will ultimately have to follow your foot steps there.

If you are ever up this way you would be most welcome to drop in  :)

Karl

Sean

Hello Karl, and welcome from me too. Nice project!

I think this is the 1st real NG on here. The last pic is useful for me for building the back walls/entrance. It looks like the opposite side is removed. Do you have any photo's of the other side handy?

Regards

Sean

Kennair

Welcome Karl, obviously a very serious builder with that kit.  Great to see your progress and a fine representative for Bendigo.  I'm from Ballarat originally so good to see you here.

Ken.
Intel i73770K | 16Gb RAM | GTX680 | Win7-64 | TH2GO | 3 x 42" FHD LCD TV's | FDS CDU | OC MCP, EFIS, COMMS | Aerosim Throttle | Sim-Avionics DSTD+ | FSX P3D XP10 | FTX | FSGRW | REX2E | Aivlasoft EFB| PFPX | FTG |Kennair

blueskydriver

Sean,

That is what Karen and I have been doing for a month now. I got pics I have taken and a whole bunch Ivar sent me... Do you want me to PM them to you?

John

fordgt40

John

Apologies for sticking my nose in here, but I would welcome a copy of the photos as well, if that is not too much trouble

Regards

David

blueskydriver

Sure David, and I will make a new post, so folks can continue to welcome Karl to the CB. However, Karl if you won't mind, please chime in on the new post about the backside of the cockpit...

John

Karl737

Thanks again for all the comments guys :)

Sean, the flightdeck came as you see it in the pics so I will have to fabricate the left bulkhead frame to support the door and jump seats. What I will do shortly though is take some detail pics of the area to post along with the main measurements.
I recently scored a cockpit door thanks to Greg L, so that will go a long way towards making the bulkhead complete.

Karl

Sean

Thanks John and Karl.

I'll post what few pictures I have of the back wall in John's thread too. The more info the better.

Sean

Karl737

Hi guys,

I meant to post again way sooner than this but life and work - actually mainly work, got in the way. They had me travel away for quite a while.

Anyway, she now flies!!  :) Don't get me wrong, still a long way to go, but gee it's a good feeling!

I must say that buying a complete flightdeck has made getting to this stage very quick. It only arrived as cut of the plane in mid December. It is interesting to note, actually approx on a year that OE-LNL last flew for real.

Thought I better attach some pics. The quality is pretty poor, but they'll give you the idea.

Visuals started off temporary with a 19 inch LCD, but I soon got one projector up and going.  The bloke in one of the pics is my "test pilot", aka my daughters boyfriend.

Cheers,
Karl

PS - I am now going to post some pics of the bulkhead in the post about that for those interested

Aerosim Solutions

Good stuff Karl, nice sim. I am helping convert a real 747 nose section here in Perth, it's certainly a lot easier than fabricating!
Cheers Gwyn
AEROSIM SOLUTIONS
Boeing 737NG using Prepar3D v4.5, Prosim737, FDS SYS cards, FDS CDUs, CP Flight MCP Pro & EFIS Pro & Aerosim Solutions hardware of course!<br />Check out my website here -<br />http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

glooker

Karl,
You have made excellent progress.  Looking to coming up and checking out the progress in person.
I am hoping the leg brace will be off in about two weeks.  Once that is off I will arrange a time to come up as I should be able to get in and around. My rebuild is just about finished.  All your parts are working fine.
Greg L

Karl737

Hi Greg,

Look forward to seeing you.

Hopefully by the time you come up I should have made a bit more progress. Working on interfacing all switches on the yokes at the moment as well as wiring up the speedbrake actuator and trim motor.

Cheers,
Karl

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate