Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 03, 2024, 10:43:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
559 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 831
  • Online ever: 831
  • (Today at 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 559
Total: 559

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Hi every one I'm from Canada

Started by ericzoneca, May 10, 2013, 03:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericzoneca

Hello :idiot:
My name is Joffrey. I live in Boucherville south shore of Montreal. I'm 44 and French.
I have not started building my home cockpit, I'm still not certain which flight sim to choose and what gear to buy. My hope is to be able to find help for choosing the right stuff and a little help for building my home cockpit, just a small one Cessna may be.
I spend a lot of time surching on the Internet, for now, wath i have find is Saitek producs and X Plane 10.
Thanks  :D

jackpilot

Bonjour Joffrey

Bienvenue à bord.
As you start fresh why not going for XPlane which has already "converted" some of our members.!
As for the airplane, remeber that a sim is anything you may wish.
Settling for a small Cessna is good but why not go for a more challenging machine like a  twin  Baron or a smal private Jet.
Actually jets are easier to replicate than prop airplanes.
The easiest way is to go for something "generic". Take the best of all worlds and mix it together to your liking. Trying to replicate a real cockpit to the smallest detail will cost you much more , in time and money, than engineering your own version of a dream plane!
As for the parts, depending on your budget, you may also find vendors with very serious hardware , like  https://www.flypfc.com/
Je te conseille également si tu ne l'as déjà fait d'explorer ce forum avec la fonction Search.
@+
Just my 2¢.

Jack

XOrionFE

Just a note....Precision Flight Controls Cirrus consoles and probably their yokes and throttles are NOT compatible with X-Plane 10 yet...only X-Plane 9.   I have been after them for almost a year now since I got my unit to get a plugin working right for X-Plane 10 to no avail...  Must not be a priority for them.  X-Plane 9 works fine though.

You should check out the network guage/aircraft products from FlythisSim also.  Great stuff for small GA singles and twins.

Scott

Bob Reed

Quote from: XOrionFE on May 11, 2013, 06:34:51 AM
Just a note....Precision Flight Controls Cirrus consoles and probably their yokes and throttles are NOT compatible with X-Plane 10 yet...only X-Plane 9.   I have been after them for almost a year now since I got my unit to get a plugin working right for X-Plane 10 to no avail...  Must not be a priority for them.  X-Plane 9 works fine though.

You should check out the network guage/aircraft products from FlythisSim also.  Great stuff for small GA singles and twins.

Scott
Hello and welcome! Just to chime in with Scott, I have the FlythisSim software as well. Very nice stuff, I highly recommend it!

ericzoneca

Thank you all for your help. Et merci beaucoup Jack. :D
I have seen X plane X on the web, and it seems more up to date.
But FSX as lots of add on and web site dadicaded to it like VACSIMS ETC..
I'm still not sure what to do. Is X plane X more compatible than FSX for flight gears
Like Saitek producs?
Thanks

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate