Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 07:31:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
139 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 174
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 139
Total: 139

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

TQ & FSUIPC config

Started by mpl330, November 22, 2009, 02:10:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mpl330

Hi All,

A little help required if someone can help...?
I now have the TQ connected up using the BU0386 board and have configured all the axis and tested the buttons through windows game controllers, so far so good  :D

I am now trying to assign the functions in FSUIPC (registered of course!) and have become a little stuck on sorting the flaps. I have read and followed Pete's guide for setting the detentes but can't get it to record - just keep getting the 'ding' when I try set the full setting after setting the 0 setting ok. I suspect it may be something to do with the values being sent in as when at 0 flaps the value is reading as 16000+ and when at full it reads 16000- but I thought the Rev tick box would sort that???

I can set the 0 flaps as value 14000+ (just before the 0 detente as described by Mr D) but when I go to the next step of setting just before full as value -14000 I get the 'ding' and can't set it - anyone any ideas?

Many thanks
Mike

ps you know the next question will be about the speed brake :-[

XOrionFE

mpl330

Quote from: XOrionFE on November 22, 2009, 02:20:54 AM
Swap the leads on your pots

I thought you may say that! So it is because the -ve to +ve is the wrong way round? I sorted the T1 & T2 by ticking the Rev box - guess FSUIPC is looking for incrementing values when it does the checks for flap detentes...

Thanks
Mike

Trevor Hale

What you may have to do Mike is Calibrate the Flap 40 setting before the flap 1 setting.  That should fix your issue. Add all your detentes, and just start calibrating the max values before the min values.

Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Boeing Skunk Works

After getting the axis direction straighted out by either swapping the wires or reversing the axis in FSUIPC, start programming the flap detents from the full up position and then full down.

Move the flap handle back to the full up position and then select the second position in the FSUIPC interface. Move the flap handle to just in front of the detent and enter. Move the handle to just past the detent and enter again.

Repeat this procedure for each flap position.
Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

mpl330

Cheers guys - will try setting the max and then back to min 1st - didnt really want to have to reverse the wiring as I have just finished building it all and put it back together...

Cheers
Mike

steveeverson

Hi Mike, Had the same problem with the frustrating 'dings' when setting the flaps detents then I found a box below that said something like 'aircraft type' and how many detents- think it was 9 . It basically automatically does it for you and you dont have to set them at all!
hope that helps!
Steve
another bedroom boeing....

mpl330

Thanks for all the replies guys!

Problem now solved - I swapped the leads on the pots and went in again and now the range is -ve to +ve (or was it the other way round??) anyway it will now happily accept the settings without the "dings"  :D
Steve, I had it set for 9 detents but still had to scroll up the detente numbers to get them set  :huh:

Also managed to set the speedbrake but not sure if the 'armed' setting is correct as if I understand Mr D's instructions you kind of set a range on the speedbrake axis for it to automatically assume there is the armed "detente" - is that correct?
Cheers
Mike

ps BU0386 No 2 arrived today - now what shall I use that for 8)

Trevor Hale

Thats correct Mike.  Should be like this..

16535 Spoilers up

16200 Spoilers armed

0  Spoilers deployed..

Something like that.  If you really want to tune your FSUIPC config file, after you have set the values, you can edit the file with a .txt editor and set exact values. 

I had to do this for to disable my #1 and #3 engine reverser because when I had the Falcon 900 only the Engine #2 had reverse thrust, so I basically made the values incapable of ever getting to those values for engine #1 and 3..

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA

VATSIM:

mounty

Trevor,

What's the difference between spoilers up and spoilers deployed?  And how come there are 2 numbers for armed?

Thanks

Rob

Trevor Hale

When your programming the values in FSUPIC, everything is done in ranges..  so anywhere between the 16530 and 16200 the sim would report "Armmed"

When I said Up.. I meant closed..  Meaning (No Spoilers) Deployed I refer to as spoilers down..  I am just an idiot and think the terminology is like landing gear.  If it is up...  its not deployed, and if it is down it is deployed LOL.

Anyway, Hope that makes thing a bit clearer..  sometimes My fingers type faster then what my brain can comprehend.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA

VATSIM:

mpl330

Quote from: Trevor Hale on November 25, 2009, 04:37:30 AM

sometimes My fingers type faster then what my brain can comprehend.

Trev

;D

I knew what you meant and i think i have set it correctly then - its getting closer to test flight time again :D

Cheers
Mike

Sean

Quote from: mpl330 on November 25, 2009, 04:44:01 AM
I knew what you meant and i think i have set it correctly then - its getting closer to test flight time again :D

Don't forget the parachute!  :P

mpl330

Think I'll need it! Cant remember the last time I flew - think it may have been looping mr sissons 737 and that was over a year ago! Since then its been starting up / shutting down / testing things...
Cheers
Mike

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate