Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 12:39:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
130 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 174
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 130
Total: 130

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Mini Thermal Pronter ideal for ACARS - Info

Started by jfuenmayor, June 29, 2014, 01:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jfuenmayor

Hi Guys

Looking for an alternative to some expensive ACARS thermal micro printers ( one out there is over US$300,00 ) I came across this very interesting printer
that needs a 5-9 V regulated DC power and a microcontroller ( Arduino is recommended ). It can be easily mounted in the pedestal.

Link
https://learn.adafruit.com/mini-thermal-receipt-printer

Cheers.

jfuenmayor

My apologies for the type error, I meant PRINTER of course :)

jackpilot

Jack

jackpilot

Just saw that one today:
[ebay]111397652644[/ebay]

Jack

jfuenmayor

That one in E-bay is quite inexpensive, though nice looking. Would it actually work?.  Nothing is said.

The next question would be how to make it work with a PC. Writing device drivers from scratch anyone? Without the specs, one would have to reverse engineer the hardware. Daunting task for us but humble "hobbysts" :).

Joaquin

andthiel

Joaquin,

I had a small 57mm thermal printer before. Problem is that for ACARS printouts the number of characters to be printed in one line should match with the characters shown on the CDU.

On a small printer you need to choose a very small font - and a magnifier (if you can read it anyway...).

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,

Andreas
Best, Andreas

jfuenmayor

Try it with ProsimUtils  v1.5 if you use Prosim. It prints as it should now.
Make sure that you have appropriate amperage for the 12v power supply, at least 4.5A.
You can find one for $US 9,95 on Amazon.
ProsimUtils works with Topcat, PFPX , Hoppie, Vatsim and ICAO. Great little piece of software. It gives you weather for several stations, Loadsheet, FPL, takeoff and landing calculations and a few other perks, plus the nice ding dong with ACARS  messages.

JF

737man

I cannot get mine to print??  I have prosim utl working but not print from cdu.  I have never seen a print promt??

wpslider

Quote from: 737man on August 13, 2015, 10:09:53 AM
I cannot get mine to print??  I have prosim utl working but not print from cdu.  I have never seen a print promt??

Hello,

Make sure you have PSU 1.5 or later and enable the printer in the config.

Aerosim Solutions

Boeing 737NG using Prepar3D v4.5, Prosim737, FDS SYS cards, FDS CDUs, CP Flight MCP Pro & EFIS Pro & Aerosim Solutions hardware of course!<br />Check out my website here -<br />http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate