Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:57:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
125 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 148
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 125
Total: 125

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Worldflight Pilots!

Started by Trevor Hale, September 22, 2014, 06:53:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor Hale

Hi Guys,

Please download the attached Donation Log to keep track of your sponsorships.  My apologies for not getting this out to you sooner.

As a reminder: Pilots are expected to collect as many donations for the charity as possible.  Remember it isn't just donating some amount of money so you can spend 7 days in a state of the art simulator, we are doing this to raise money for our charity.  The kids at the "All Childrens Hospital" in St. Petersburg,   Florida need our help.  It is an honor to be on any one of the Worldflight teams, so do your part and raise some money.

I know our team is young, but some Teams have waiting lists of guys to get in on the fund raising.  Some teams even have so many pilots, they use the backups to help cook and clean dishes. One day I would like to see our team get that big.

In the meantime, please take your sheets and I will collect them at the event.

Best regards,

Trev 
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

FredK

Hi Trev -

This is a good idea and gets to the heart of what we are doing!

However there is a practical accounting issue.....When your acquaintances make a donation you may never no that they did nor the exact amount they have donated.

Last year I took the tact of doing an email blast to just about everyone I know.  I waited to a week before the event to do that since the live video stream seemed to be a real curiosity to the friends I spoke with....I figured that if I sent the request too early it would have been out-of-sight and out-of-mind.  I know many indicated they got a chuckle out of watching the live stream and seeing me "live" on the video.  I suspect they may have made their donations concurrent with that experience.

The thing is I never knew who actually donated for sure.  I know at least several did since they told me they did.  In no case did anyone actually disclose how much they donated, and I never asked since that would be sort of crass to do so.

So perhaps a better way of doing the accounting would be for us pilots to view the list of doners as tallied by ACH after the fact to identify those individuals that had donated on our personal behalf.  Even that has some problems associated with it I can see.  Or we can each ask each acquaintance to specifically inform us of a donation made....but I really do not like pressuring people that way. In any event I would not ask how much they actually donated though.

Any other ideas?

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

Trevor Hale

Fred,  I totally understand the Loaded Question of "HOW MUCH" In a lot of cases that is very confidential, and I respect that, but nothing less then get their names if you can, so we could maybe list a thank you to them on the worldflight page.

I would like to recognize those that help us on our conquest.

Additionally I want to make sure all of us that are flying are aware that it isn't just a cheap ticket to ride in a simulator for 7 days, and then that's where it stops. We need to push to reach our $2500.00 Goal, and if we just donate our $100.00 and don't try to raise the bar we will never beat the goal.   As you know, Sam contributes, the SIM, Hydro, Diesel Fuel, food etc.  So each of us need to push do our part to help out.

Just trying to keep guys motivated to remember who we are doing this for and why! LOL :) 

Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

FredK

I like the idea about listing names as acknowledgement on the website and a "Thank You " sent directly from our organization....It provides a reason to ask about donations made.

Let's lock that in for sure!

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

Bob Reed

One of the other things I did last year was I told some friends of mine to make a donation and I would say thanks to them on the live stream! And not in the middle of the night either! lol I was surprised a number of them did.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate