Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 05:46:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
145 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 174
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 145
Total: 145

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Hazard Alert - another 73 entering the circuit pattern

Started by markuspilot, September 14, 2009, 03:58:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markuspilot

OK here goes... clear prop!

Got bitten by the flying bug early, very early. Made LEGO planes instead of cars.
PPL at 17, Dad was happy for me to fly solo around the skies but wouldn't let me  solo the car until 18. :( too many loonies on the road.

Two years of computer programming. Forgotten most of it now. Who remembers Assembler Language, Fortran, COBOL. RPG ??? anyone? I fly with some young F/Os and mention punch cards - they look at me with blank face....
"OK yes I know, you learnt about that back in high school history class..."
( feeling really old ) Yep every line of code had to be type into a card reader to punch 'dem little holes, one letter wrong and the "hole" / whole program stop due to syntax error .,ahh  :eek:

CPL @ 20 and six years of lighties - night fright err freight PA-31 Be65, 4 years in the mighty DHC-6  ;D ah the good old days, starting top of descent at 10,000ft at 9 DME and still needing power too get to the threshold. ( inside windscreen would sometimes fog over when you hit the warmer air- WTF - no pax onboard of course! )

First swept wing - the Delux B727-200. DHC-6 65kys on final...B727 140kts just a little bit different. :o Inside the last 30nm @ 320kts got very interesting until you gained some experience. Then over to the B737, great a/c but not the grand limo the 727 was.

QuoteFlying 737,3,5,7,8,9,9ER
- Mike, mate how do you remember all those different limitations and flap speeds
Busted 19k in the log book the other day with 12k in 73, - still learning.....
Still dreaming of the '787 if they can glue it together properly...

Crashed tooooo many Radio Controlled airplanes. Couldnt fly the models when is raining so switched to Flight Sim.....( woop woop pull up pull up warning danger ahead )

Happy to be among fellow builder, we share a lot in common....

I am currently building at 737-700 and loving every minute of it.

I am currently building at 737-800 and its driving me crazy!!!!!!

'supervising' the build of new house

been there done that, demolish & rebuild, overtime and over budget :-(

so I do not wish to put it all back together only to tare it apart again

so I have pulled it apart and put it all back together again, why why why did I do that !!

Trier of everything, Master of nothing...

Started with a deploma ( diploma to those who cant spell like me ) and quickly got the full degree in TRIAL & ERROR,.....  working on the masters degree, especially the error byte

building my 3 or 4th B737

Wife " Your not starting again are you....."
Me - busted big time  :huh:

So a big time builder and little time flyer.....should be the other way around I think.

I'll try a get some more photos up on my sim.
At the moment just finishing the "quick" 6 month build with the old stuff, GoFlight and other radio panels, FDS Nova overhead.

Flying this sim at the same time as overhauling real 73 controls, Thrust Quad & fire panel, all from the bone yard  :) Also got 90% of the panels in FDS IBL for the next sim. Strategic planning required on when to commence the new and dare I say final sim.

Thats all, I'm outa fuel time to "exit the hold"

Clear Skies

Mark

Hey BrissyDave give me a ring
Hello Arwin I know your out there somewhere, his a good builder gents

Oh what that?, its a big green mint, yum ... thanks for the invite Tim

Trevor Hale

Mark, a pile of laughs as usual..  Thanks for being a part of this...  You really are awesome!..  and by the way..  I don't know how mike remembers all those settings and procedures either...  :huh:

Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

warvet

Hey Mark!!!!!!
Super to see ya Mate, always welcome you know that. I love your post lol still laughin :)
Man this is so great getting all of us back together again with freedom of speech and no BS POLITICS! lol woohoo. hows things going Mark? Any photos mate?

Tim
A340
"Want Some,Get Some, Bad Enough Take Some!:D "

brissydave

hey mark, hope you are good mate. I have you old number, I'll give you a bell.
www.Flightfacsimile.com
Selected Boeing 737 Cockpit Components.... From Australia!

Maurice

Quote from: warvet on September 14, 2009, 09:05:01 PM
Hey Mark!!!!!!
Super to see ya Mate, always welcome you know that. I love your post lol still laughin :)
Man this is so great getting all of us back together again with freedom of speech and no BS POLITICS! lol woohoo. hows things going Mark? Any photos mate?

Tim
A340

Amen to all that. Nice to have a good laugh now & then without worrying about upsetting the moderator because you said a four letter word such as boob or 'darn it'  ::)  :cheers:

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

Trevor Hale

Amen to all that. Nice to have a good laugh now & then without worrying about upsetting the moderator because you said a four letter word such as boob or 'darn it'  ::) :cheers:

Maurice

LMFAO...  Nope...  We just drink more BEER.... :camp:
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Maurice

Quote from: Trevor Hale on September 15, 2009, 04:18:52 AM

LMFAO...  Nope...  We just drink more BEER.... :camp: