Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:15:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
279 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,640
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 280
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 279
Total: 279

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

RESOLVED -- Female 31-pin connectors for original 737 fire handles

Started by Buster99, December 11, 2014, 03:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buster99

Hello all,

I am (desperately) searching for 3 of the circular female connectors that attach to the male bayonet type male connectors on the (Page Aerospace) fire handles on the original Boeing Fire Panel.
With that I mean the (ITT/Cannon?) 31 pin female connectors, preferably with wires attached, or at least a piece of the wiring so that I can make the connections.

Any help, a source, type, specification or offer is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Marc

rprather

Hi Marc,

I've also found it difficult to find specific cannon plug connectors, so I use these instead. They fit very tight onto the cannon plug male pins, then you can connect the other end to whatever you want. Often, I'll cut the male ends and solder to a DB-9 connector, so I can make the module detachable.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/40pcs-20cm-female-to-male-Dupont-Dupont-Wire-Color-Jumper-Cable-For-Arduino-L5RG-/201241358045?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item2edaeb6edd

Robert

Buster99

Hello Robert,

Too funny ;D , I just ordered a couple of sets of those same jumper wires earlier this week.
I did use a similar approach before but was looking for the original connectors in order to facilitate easy removal of the unit and to keep wiring tidy.
I did use the jumper wires on other electronic (non-cockpit) related boards and the work great, I secured those using a glue gun.

But thank you kindly for the thought and tip!!

Best regards,
Marc

Ethanoost

Hi
I see you are wiring up a real 737 fire panel.
I am planning to do the same. I noticed that 3 of the canon style connectors at the back go straight into the actual fire handle units inside, making it very difficult to know which pin does what. (you cant see into the units, so you cant trace the wires) I have tried with a multimeter working out the pin connections, with no real success.
Do you perhaps have a PIN diagram or any kind of idea of which pin does what?
I have given up out of frustration, but would love to finish the project.
Regards
Ethan

Buster99

Hello Ethan,

My conversion has been on hold until I am able to obtain the cannon connectors and I still have to decide which interface cards I am going to use and what model relay cards. I am also uncertain whether I will keep the 28 volt lamps in the handles or convert to a different type of lamp, or LED's.
I do have the pin layout for the fire handles but this may be different depending on the make and model of the handles.
I have been very busy as of late but later this week I will try to search through my stuff to find what I have and I will then let you know.

Best regards,
Marc

mickc

Quote from: Ethanoost on January 10, 2015, 01:10:26 AM
Hi
I see you are wiring up a real 737 fire panel.
I am planning to do the same. I noticed that 3 of the canon style connectors at the back go straight into the actual fire handle units inside, making it very difficult to know which pin does what. (you cant see into the units, so you cant trace the wires) I have tried with a multimeter working out the pin connections, with no real success.
Do you perhaps have a PIN diagram or any kind of idea of which pin does what?
I have given up out of frustration, but would love to finish the project.
Regards
Ethan

Hi Ethan

Try this  post

http://www.cockpitbuilders.com/community/index.php?topic=4015.msg30943#msg30943

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate