Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 02:23:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
356 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 384
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 356
Total: 356

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Greetings from Fort Liquordale

Started by EAL727Captain, December 12, 2014, 01:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EAL727Captain

Getting very serious about building a B727-200 flight deck.
Have 70% of the MIP and overhead 'steam' instruments and have many feelers out for panels, yokes, seats, throttle quadrant (non-auto throttle), etc.

Have just ordered Open Cockpits servo card and servos today.
Upon arrival, will start tinkering around with the electronic parts and pieces.

In the meantime, hello to all.  I'm glad to be amongst such a distinguished group of builders and look forward to learning from you as well as sharing when I can.

Be well and Happy Holidays to all!

Caflyt

Welcome JC,
You're in the right place!
There is a wealth of information and folks who have "been there, done that".
Another thing.....I live in Delray Beach and work in Fort Lauderdale so looks like we're neighbors. I am working on a 737NG in my garage right now and would welcome you up to see the progress.
Our friend Axel (737AG) is in Weston and is much further along than I am.
Anyway, it's great that you joined us.
Drop me a PM with your contact info and I'll help you where I can.
Craig

EAL727Captain

Great!  Three (3) 'Sim Nuts' from which to choose!
LOL

PM sent

Sam Llorca

Actually 4 sim nuts, lol I'm on the other side of the state, three hours away, Sarasota!

You are welcome to visit my 737 pit anytime

Sam

Caflyt

Sam's Sim will blow mine out of the vitual sky and I highly recommend a trip to see it.
In fact, my profile pic is me and my son Collin sitting in it!!

EAL727Captain

I used to live in SRQ.  Lived in TPA for a few years and finally moved back to me beloved South Florida.

AVIATor-Olav

Great! Another 727 Builder! :)
I'm nowhere near to Florida though! I'm looking forward to seeing you progress. What platform and software are you planning to use?

Tor-Olav

Sam Llorca

EAL727Captain

My set up?   Right now, my set up consists of a bunch of gutted-out instruments in 3 large plastic boxes!   Actually, that's not entirely true; some are on my desk, waiting for software, servos, wiring and solder.
But, we all begin somewhere, right?
As far as platforms....still undecided between FS9 and FSX.   At the moment, I'm leaning toward FSX because it is more visually realistic and pleasing.  Still no real decisions there as I'm no where close to that stage.
I've ordered Open Cockpits USB/Servo card just Friday as well as a few Futaba servos.  Hopefully, they'll all arrive within the next week and a half and when I start my winter vacation, will have a lot to play with. 

AVIATor-Olav

I'm using fs9. Haven't really found any good 727 software for use with fsx, so I've stuck with the DF 727 and fs9. Works really great, and with some addons fs9 looks half decent. Not as good as fsx i suppose, but then there's the performance side as well. fs9 runs really stable and smooth with modern computers. I haven't got any real guages in my flght deck unfortunately, they're all LCDs behind MIP cutouts. There are a few pics of my project in this thread:

http://www.cockpitbuilders.com/community/index.php?topic=2606.msg19581#msg19581

The build has been at idle for a while now, Too busy With other projects. Hopefully I'll get my act together and get that FE sation up and running soon.

EAL727Captain

I, too, am using the DF727.  I've used the Captain Sim 727 previously but prefer the DF.

indiefilmaker

Hay Sam, My name is Sean, Im a newbie and i saw you live in Sarasota? I live in Bradenton and i would LOVE to check out your sim when you are available? Send me a PM whenever you can.

Sean

Sam Llorca

Hi Sean,

Anytime! Flighsimmers from all over the world are welcome to my humble sim pit. Talk to you later!

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate