Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 06:19:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
328 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 387
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 328
Total: 328

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

VIZIO HDTVs - They back up their products!

Started by sagrada737, March 13, 2015, 12:21:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sagrada737

Hi All,

I thought I would mention on this Forum, my experience with 70" VIZIO HDTV monitors for my Sim.  I use three of these HDTVs in an FSX environment running off a GTX980 via DisplayPort to an HDMI adapter to the monitors.  Performance has been good.

Over the past six months or so, I began to notice a scattering of small "white blotches" appearing on the screen.  Since they were increasing in number, I thought I would contact VIZIO on this matter.  To make a long story short...   VIZIO Support, immediately issued a replacement for my three HDTVs for an on-site swap.  They shipped new HDTV replacements, which arrived today.  Their local support contractor delivered them to my door,  took away the problem HDTVs, and installed the new HDTVs exactly were they were on my Sim.    Now my Sim display is blotch free and looks great.

I truly appreciate a big company like VIZIO taking this action and standing behind their products, even though it was out-of-warranty.  There was absolutely no cost to me, and they made the swap expedient and hassle free.  In my opinion, that is the mark of a good company.  So... Thumbs UP for VIZIO!

Mike
Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

jackpilot

Good to know..thank you!

PS: Nat: ...remember !! V I Z I O !
:D

Jack

Trevor Hale

Fantastic Service..  Mike I am glad that they were able to assist you so effortlessly.

Good job Vizio.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

NedH

Mike, Can you post a pic of your three monitors? Outside and from inside the sim would be nice.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate