Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:35:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
394 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 492
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 394
Total: 394

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

New to Fullscale Cockpit - Old Time Simmer

Started by Michael_B737_ATP, March 27, 2015, 07:35:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael_B737_ATP

Hi everyone,

I just ordered the following from FDS and figured I'd better find a cockpit builder community... I'm Mike and I'm from Boca Raton, just getting my flight deck up to speed. I'm building or should I say Flight Deck Solutions (Thanks Pete) is building my B737-800 Flight Deck. Production is scheduled for late April and should run 8-10 weeks.

Should have my sim setup before the end of the summer. I've waited many MANY years for this day to come and it's just around the corner.

On order from Flight Deck Solutions
---------------------------------------------
1. B737NG PRO-MX 2.0 DSTD
2. B737NG Modular Nose Section
3. B737NG Interior Liner Package
4. B737NG PRO-MX Overhead
5. B737NG PRO-MX AFT. Overhead
6. B737NG PRO-MX Pedestal
7. B737NG Dual Rudder Pedals
8. B737NG Steering Tiller
9. B737NG Throttle Quad
10. B737NG Throttle Quad Stand
11. B737NG Map Lights
12. B737NG Lower Sidewall LCP
14. FDS Dimmer Controls

I plan on using natvis (http://www.natvis.com.au) for my 220* screen, I haven't decided on projectors just yet. I'm also still looking for the following.

1. B737NG 2 Seats with J rails (thinking about using - Flight Simulator Center)
2. B737NG Dual Yoke - (thinking about using -  Flight Simulator Center)
3. 3 - Projectors - (could use some recommendations)
4. NatVIS Simulator Displays 4500mm Diameter 200* FOV
5. 3 - NatVIS Heavy-Duty Projector Mounts

Just wanted to drop by and say hi...

fsaviator

:eek:

at this point I don't think you need a cockpit builders community.  What you need right now is to find an old, retired, flight simmer with building experience to adopt.  Someone that could help you put this together, and keep it flying so it doesn't corrode and fall apart (like real aircraft a sim needs to fly).

I could have my retirement paperwork dropped, the kids out on their own, and be in sunny Florida within six months.  All I need is a crew rest bunk, a couple of meals a day and beer.

Oh..  almost forgot. I come with dual yokes, seats, and j-rails as part of the package.

;D

On a serious note...  Wow.  You came to the right place.  Pretty impressive setup.  I think you will be very happy.  You should take a drive over to Sarasota and visit Sam (in this forum) and gets some tips and tricks on your setup from him.

Welcome to the community
Warren "FSAviator"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com  |  https://www.facebook.com/fsaviator/
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

Caflyt

Wow Michael,
Very Impressive!
Good news......I am right next door in Delray Beach and can offer some assistance. I am about 50% done with my setup (taking longer because I build most things myself) and you are welcome to stop over and take a look.
I must say I am quite jealous of your "order list" and will help you as much as I can to get it sorted out.
We could of course trade man hours on our projects if you'd like.   ;)
In addition to Sam in Sarasota we also have Axel here in Weston who has a VERY similar setup to what you have ordered. He is currently setting up a Natvis solution and could offer some insight. I was with him a week or so ago and he was ready to assemble the screen.

PM me and I'll get you my address and phone # so we can coordinate.

Welcome to the club!!!!
Craig

Here is where mine stands at the moment:

Sam Llorca

Welcome to the club Michael,  wishing you the best on your set up and if you have any questions I'll be more than happy to help.

Cheers

Caflyt

Sam,
Maybe you could make a little day trip to the East coast some day!!?!?!
:huh:

Michael_B737_ATP

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.  I've wanted a cockpit ever since I started in flight sim back in the days of the Tandy 1000 computer from Radio Shack.  :laugh: It looks like it's finally going to happen.

I lived in a condo all my life in NY (no room for a full scale sim) and just moved to Boca Raton from New York a couple of years ago. I couldn't take the winter weather any longer, my damn breathing. I'm a retired (law enforcement) former 9/11 first responder with numerous health issues, since I'm trapped in the house most of the time (I'm on oxygen)... This is the perfect gift to myself, I'm no longer trapped... I'll want to stay home to fly the sim.

Thanks again everyone, look like a great community.

Sam Llorca

Would love to take a trip to the east coast for a couple of days, but my vacation days exipired  a month ago,  I was doing good until I decided to sale my landscaping company (Sam's lawn service) and retire, yeah right! Everything was working well until my finances started to hurt, now a year an a half later I'm back on the saddle, my days are getting shorter by the minute, I started a new landscaping company (SRQ lawn service) to be able to go back up financially and travel again, on March 1st my new company opened up and so far so good just a lot of hard working hours every day until it can run like my previous company, I thank everyone involved on helping and specially the Sarasota and Bradenton community that had accepted us and embraced us back into what we do best, hight quality lawn and landscaping services, but thank you for the invite Craig, you are also welcome to the west coast! Cheers!

N737AG

Hello Michael

Have fun with your sim. My doors are open to any pilot.

Axel

Michael_B737_ATP

Sam Llorca

Wow, almost forgot was it was like, today I had the chance to go back there and fly after three or four weeks of not even touching the sim at all, felt good, took off from SRQ, touch and go at TPA and full stop at KMCO, awesome feeling! Just sharing.

jfuenmayor

Welcome to Florida.
I have been running a sim in a den in my house in the Grater Miami area, waiting to move it to a bigger space ( like a garage ) for five years now; most of my stuff is from FDS, my cockpit is fully wired with dimmers for the backlighting and the displays. I only run one projector due to space constraints and I am green with envy for those of you who do  have better visuals :) , but also happy for them. I have a bit of experience with Sim-Avionics, just in case, but most people here ( I think ) run ProSim. Also I do a bit of programming even though I am a Physician who loves to fly. I am sure that all of us here can pitch in a little in case of need.
I also commend you for a most impressive list. You will have your hands full. This is a never ending game with always room for improvement and the capacity to thin your wallet out  ;) .

Again, welcome

RayS

Quote from: fsaviator on March 27, 2015, 09:35:43 PM
(like real aircraft a sim needs to fly).

SO true. I thought I was the only one to observe this behavior. If my pit is cold and dark for more than a few weeks, she has a hard time waking up.
Ray Sotkiewicz

pcpilotmd80

Welcome!

Glad I'm not the only LEO addicted to this hobby, im no help tho im doing Douglas stuff DC-9, and someday plan on retiring some where in gulf coast of FLA, 10 years to go, and the SIM does go with me Ha!

Mike

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate