Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:15:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
75 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 67
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 75
Total: 75

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Tonights Flight!

Started by Bob Reed, May 25, 2015, 06:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Reed

Took a short flight tonight, "The Milk Run" Sam will know what I am talking about. KSRQ to KTPA. Last night I installed Fly Tampa's Reboot scenery. Frames took a hit and I will fix that with a better video card. So the flight went real well and I was very happy but, as I was on the decent the V-Speeds disappeared from the PFD. Not real tragic but one of those things you are looking for as you test your systems out. Apparently I missed something when programing the CDU? I will look into this. Anyway the sim is alive and am in heaven as I once again get to fly my baby! More to come........

jackpilot

Just to show you that the Cockpit-Syndrome is not curable.

Severe case of relapse.

Jack

Bob Reed

Quote from: jackpilot on May 26, 2015, 03:53:25 AM
Just to show you that the Cockpit-Syndrome is not curable.

Severe case of relapse.

OMG!!!!! Too funny!!!!!

Sam Llorca

Good for you Bon, love that route! is short, lots of nice scenery and a very long runway to land on, lol...

KyleH

What's your cruising altitude on that one, 3000'?

I like, SFO - LAX or YYZ - YUL. Reasonably short, but with at least a few minutes at cruise.

We should organize a VATSIM group flight.
Kyle

Chief Pilot
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

Bob Reed

I am setting the cruse around 5000. And I love the little short hops. I also have the Fly Tamps scenery that looks really nice. I would love to put a Vat flight together. I need a lot of practice with that. Kyle, how is your real flying going?

KyleH

Getting there, got my written done 2 weeks ago.
Have my 2 cross countries scheduled for next weekend, if the weather is good. Then it's practice for flight test.
Kyle

Chief Pilot
Worldflight Team USA

RayS

Quote from: KyleH on May 28, 2015, 08:06:23 AM
We should organize a VATSIM group flight.

I like this idea. Wonder if I could keep up tho' in my 1900D..
Ray Sotkiewicz

Bob Reed

Well tonights flight was not really a flight. I got a Optima HD20 projector from work and I took the time to play with it a bit. Could not really hook it up to the sim as I need a longer cable which is on the way. Now the problem. This is a short throw projector, or at least I think it is. But I am going to have to move things around to use it. So I have spent the rest of the evening trying to figure out how to lay things out. This is not going to be easy.

KyleH

Quote from: RayS on May 28, 2015, 03:45:23 PM

I like this idea. Wonder if I could keep up tho' in my 1900D..

We'll give you a head start Ray :P
Kyle

Chief Pilot
Worldflight Team USA

jackpilot

IMHO, short hops are too short to do it properly until you are really fluent with procedures, simulated or real.

If you fly alone (no FO) the work load is overwhelming to and from cruise, I mean if you do each and every checklist from taxi to cruise level and reverse.

A longer flight buys you some "quality time" on top to relax, check systems and prepare for descent and eventually for approach, checking plates frequencies etc...even more  if you are with ATC not even sure which runway they will vector you to.

Besides preparing a flight takes between 10 to 30 min or longer on the "briefing room  desk" ,short /medium or long haul alike.

PS: One way to manage your time constraints in the sim and have fun is:
Prepare for a medium or long haul, climb to cruise and Bingo tech failure/ depressurization or one passenger needs medic assist and you have either to come back or divert and make an emergency descent and landing.

Just my 2ยข Guys, not to spoil Bob's chrome plated renewed  enthousiasm!!
Go Bob Go..  :D

Jack

Sam Llorca

My problem is that I fly alone most of the time and gets boring on cruise, so I take off from SRQ on runway 32 joint the Circus2 departure come around over the bay at 4000 feet and shoot an ILS approach to runway 01L at TPA, do a couple of hops there and head towards MCO for a full stop, about 90 minutes of pure cockpit action.

Bob Reed

Not to worry Jack, it's all good! One of the things you get by flying the same rout is you don't have to do all that prep work. Listen to ATIS and your good to go. I am not using checklists and so forth right now. Still just working on getting the plane flying right.  Normally on a longer flight I hand fly right up to cruse. Does not give much time to look at check lists... BUT.... I need to start thinking about them as we do use them for WF. And yes I know.. Creating bad habits.....

RayS

I've a friend in the hobby building a 737 and he comes over once in awhile to fly the 1900. I'm trying to condition him to walk through the checklists, use the comms and adhere to ATC but it's difficult. In his excitement he just wants to get up in the air and fly.

I usually act as ATC so that makes for some interesting exchanges during his in-flight escapades...
Ray Sotkiewicz

Bob Reed

Bob Reed

Tonights flight, the sim now has a nice little home of it's own. Plenty of room to work on it. I will have to spend the weekend putting it all back together but that will be the fun part. More to come.....

Bob Reed

As promised. The pictures! Not the best but I will get better ones. LOTS more to do but hey, it's only been a couple weeks...

[smg id=1166]

[smg id=1165]

[smg id=1164]

jr2mey

Nice Bob!  I see the projection is up and running! 

I didn't work on mine yesterday, she took me to the museum of flight here in Seattle for my present.  SO today; I will be working on mine!
James

Bob Reed

New day so when I start working on the sim I will start a new thread!

Sam Llorca

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate