Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 08:23:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
190 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,640
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 203
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 190
Total: 190

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

(My 747 Project) Hello from Calgary, Canada Everyone!

Started by mgovernali, June 04, 2015, 12:22:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgovernali

Hello everyone! My name is Marco from Calgary. I am new here, I can't believe the amount of talent and useful information on this site - thank you for that!
I have been a simmer for over 20 years now, but I have been working on my first full size sim for 5 years now, but to be honest, most of that time went on information and materials gathering and (mental mostly) preparation, only this February is when I started actual construction. Far from finished of course - for as you know we are never quite done - it is now at a presentable stage. I hope you all like what I have accomplished so far. Thank you all for a great site!
Marco.  :D

sim website. www.boeing747sim.com

Bob Reed

This is looking good! Keep posting the pics!

mgovernali

andthiel

Wow - very impressive, Marco!

Cannot believe that you started buiding only in February...

Got a good warping software already?

Cheers,

Andreas
Best, Andreas

mgovernali

Thank you Andreas, much appreciated! - To be honest, I also had to totally finish my basement during that time - and I also run a busy computer shop during the day. But for us flight simmers - nights were made especially long and productive - LOL! :o
But seriously, it all has to do (in my opinion) with pre-planning. I spent five years planning mentally, studying thousands of drawings, pictures and videos, gathering information and parts, building components etc. Then it was a simple (not that simple) matter of assembling the whole.

No I do not have a warping software yet as I only have 1 projector at the moment, the curved 180 degrees screen is already built and in place (as you can see on the sim site) I am waiting to get a good deal on 2 matching DLP projectors. I have done some research on the software and I am leaning toward Immersive Display-Pro from Fly-Elise, but I need to get the 2 projectors first. Are you familiar with that software yourself or what would you kindly recommend?
Thank you very much. Marco.

bernard S

andthiel

Marco,

I use Warpalizer and do not have any experience with the Fly-Elise program.

But every warping program will suit your needs, even with a single projector to get rid of those curved lines on the screen...

Cheers,

Andreas
Best, Andreas

MCrevot

Marco,

i use immersive display pro, on a conf with 3 views /3 vdp and 2 FSX PC.
You need a licence for each PC.
The soft is simple to use, the configuration of the warping is easy and precis, and since the FSX patch that prevent it from desactivating aero (http://www.flightsim.ee/freeware/fsx-scheme-fix), the remaining lateral issues concerning the cursor are fixed.
Moreover, its impact on the fps is negligible.

For me, it is a good choice, it does well the job.

Michel
my website : http://www.mya320sim.com
7700k, 4790k, 2600k, P3Dv4 and A320 FMGS, 3 views on 3 vdp with wideview, 180 deg screen

mgovernali

Thank you Andreas for the suggestion. It never occurred to me that I could use the software with just one projector - somehow I thought that it would only work on 2 or more projectors. I will download it asap and get rid of the curved view!! :D
marco.

mgovernali

Thank you Michel! That was what I needed - another fellow simmers personal unbiased opinion. I have watched dozens of videos and so far despite warpalizer's popularity, I had liked Fly Elise's best - as it appears to be very easy to use. Now - with your reinforcement, I am leaning toward it even more.
Thank you. Marco.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate