Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:26:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
152 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 165
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 152
Total: 152

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Citation Mustang to come...

Started by wodyfox, August 27, 2015, 01:36:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wodyfox

Hello everybody,

time has come to say Hello. I was reading long time here already and finaly registered.

My 767 pit is now retired and stored away. It was a great experience to build and fly without the use of a mouse. Flying heavy iron for some years was nice and educative but now I want to go smaller and additional VFR.

The Citation Mustang (F1) is the perfect plane to build a cockpit: Not too many switches, no overhead, simple controls, good G1000 from Mindstar. Easy switching to a C172 (A2A) in such a pit is possible (for VFR). My goal is to build less and fly as soon as possible.

So the decision was to buy a more or less ready gear from CustomSim. I had some talks with Lee (great guy!) and I ordered the complete MIP with interface (Arduino, LUA/Linda) 2 PFDs, MFD, AFCS, Sby instruments and MFD Input unit. The controls are from Saitek.

Delivery to Germany in some weeks. At the moment I am thinking about on the shell and the visuals. Start with 1 projector, later 2 or 3 with a curved screen.

Still a lot of questions after reading all the relevant fora. I hope to get some help and ideas, and will report about my progress.

Would be nice to hear from other Mustang builder. I'm located near Munich.

Cheers,
Peter

727737Nut

I have built a Mustang Sim,  Long sold now but I loved it.  I used the plans of the Lear 45 shell and all you need to do is add a windoe post to make it look almost perfect compared to a real Mustang.  Plans were 250.00 and I had about 100.00 in wood and Hardware.
Rob
737 Junkie

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate