Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 12:02:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
143 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 174
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 143
Total: 143

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Prepar3D v3

Started by jfuenmayor, October 19, 2015, 09:08:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jfuenmayor

Hi to all:

Just a couple of lines to inform about my first impressions on P3D v3.
After shelling out US$199,00 to LM, my initial download of the zip file failed twice at around 5 gigs of data, as a result, the 9+ gigs worth of files needed to be downloaded individually. All files go into a single folder of your choice and then installing it is a breeze with a single double click on the installation executable.

Issues began with frame rates. P3D v3 will not give good rates unless you have a high end graphics card. I now use an NVDIA GTX980 with 4 Gigs on board.
I also decided to add a 250 Gig SSD Hard Drive and re install P3D on it. The Processor is a Quad Core i7 3.5 Ghz and 32 Gigs of RAM. This setup, with the Display set  to maximum and some tweaking on the shadowing and most of all, no traffic, gives me 60 fps without whether. Add some thunderstorms and it drops to 30 fps, still very good. The nice thing is that is rock stable, 64 bits, good memory management. Virtually no crashes on long flights due to memory handling and fluidity. It does feel like a new sim. Landings need to be worked on.

The latest FSUIPC version installs without a hitch ( Get it from SimMarket ).
ASNext with its latest patch works well, just make sure to install the basic package first "without running it" first, and then the upgrade.

For those running ProSim, make sure that you install SimConnect manually from the Prepar3D installation folder, ( look into the README file in the ASNext installation documentation for its precise location ). If you do not do this, FSUIPC will not write the radar.bin file to the ProSim directory and you will have no radar data in the ND.

As far as add ons are concerned, the only scenery that I have been able to get to work  are those from FlyTampa. The Flight model from ProSim works flawlessly.

All in all, coming from FSX, I think P3D v3 is a significant improvement. For those of you running v2.5 ( I never did, this is my first trial of P3D ). 64 bits, improved memory management, stability and fluidity are all welcomed.
To me, it was worth the investment.

fordgt40

Joaquin

Sorry, but it is not 64bit! It is still 32bit with some memory management improvements.  :(
Thanks for the feedback

David

jfuenmayor

No wonder it installs in x86 subdirectory, thanks for the correction, I will look into it again.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate