Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:29:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
122 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 121
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 122
Total: 122

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

WorldFlight 2015 Thanks

Started by KyleH, November 10, 2015, 08:50:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyleH

First off I want to offer a big thank you to Sam and Laura for hosting WorldFlight again this year, and welcoming everyone into your home with open arms. It just wouldn't be WorldFlight without your generosity Sam.
Trevor and Bob, thanks for all you do to help make it happen.

There's a saying about EAA Airventure (Oshkosh) that "you come for the planes, and you come back for the people." This absolutely applies to the WorldFight USA Team. As others have said in their threads, it's amazing how this hobby/passion of aviation brings people together. We all live on different corners of the continent yet when we get together at WorldFlight, it's like we are all buddies whom we just saw last week. I don't make friends easily but over the last few years I've developed good friendships with the regular attendees that I look forward to just sitting around socializing as much as I do the flying. 

There were many memorial events that went on this year including Trevor and Sam's description of Saturday morning's 'wake-up call' by Crazy Ray. 

The most poignant moment though, was the approach into Williamtown at the end of the last full leg. 
The timing of our flight worked out perfectly as we ended up in the approach pattern just as all the teams were saying their thankyou's over the tower frequency. Maybe it was the fatigue but there was just something about the scene in our cockpit with Trevor giving Delta 209's thankyou speech over the frequency while I manoeuvred the aircraft through the base to final turn just under the low hanging clouds. We capped it off with a nice touchdown just as all the other teams were holding short ready to depart on the WorldFlight4 arrival into Sydney. 
I hope Bob can recover the video feed of it, as I think it'd be worth watching. 

Looking forward to seeing everyone again next year.

Kyle

Chief Pilot
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

Sam Llorca

Thank you Kyle, 

Me and my family thanks everyone involved on this WFT,  the doors to our home are open to all of you wanting to participate and we hope to see you guys again back next year, is our pleasure to be able to connect with all of you, we share the same passion and  for me in particular is the only time I have to talk flight simulation stuff with a bunch of great guys that actually understand and enjoy the subject.

Thank you again guys for your friendship, honesty and companionship,  without a single one of you WF would not be such a success.

Best regards,
Sam and family.

Trevor Hale

Kyle,  I couldn't have said it any better myself. It's just that kind of event that words cannot describe. One of those things you have to see to believe. All of the guys that take part in this event are just amazing individuals. We all make a "GREAT TEAM" and it just wouldn't be the same without the guys that take part. Already got the 2016 page setup and I am hoping to have the 2016 donation link up for January 1st. The more time we have to raise money the more money we can raise.

You guys make workdflight what it is.  Without you all and the laughs and the jokes it wouldn't be the same.

Thanks to you all we make Team USA.......Team USA.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate