Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 07:05:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
125 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 154
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 125
Total: 125

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Hi from Ireland, question about throttles

Started by littlepaulio, November 13, 2015, 03:31:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlepaulio

Hi everyone,

I'm Paul, live in Ireland and have only developed an interest in electronics and carpentry/metalwork in the last few months. I'm going to start with a simple switch panel using a Bodnar board, two sheets of plexiglass, a panel graphic, a bunch of electronic components, buttons, switches, etc. obviously and hopefully a handmade wooden mount with metal trim.

But my question is to the more experienced builders out there- would they consider a completely handmade throttle unit one of the most complex, labor intensive and expensive builds from scratch? Not that I'm even considering it, the best I can hope for is to get a bargain on some handmade handles for my one Saitek quadrant or have ago at making them myself.

Any feedback would be much appreciated?

Thanks,
Paul

blueskydriver

Hi Paul,

PM me your email address and I will send you something you'd really want concerning making your own Throttle Quad.

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

blueskydriver

Never mind on the email address, you have it listed. So, I sent you two emails; one from Cockpit Builders and the other directly from my unlisted email address. It is a 3 Mb zip file and I really believe you'll like this... Let me know that you got it.

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

jackpilot

I did it a few years ago, had fun and would do it again.
Not NG style but fits better the 737 IMHO

http://www.flightdecksolutions.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4135
Enjoy!
Jack

Jack

Joe Lavery

I built one for an article in PC Pilot magazine a few years back. The main source of drawings and sizes came from Rudy's site.

http://www.737ngproject.be/

He later went on to build a more substantial one, which takes a lot more knowledge of mechanical engineering. Jack's is more complex than the one I built out of MDF but it still works and is based on one of Leo's boards. I am in the process of building a fully motorised one, but that's a project for this winter.

Hope that helps
Joe.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate