Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 05:07:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
347 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 361
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 347
Total: 347

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Hello all!

Started by jeroenpaap, April 18, 2016, 11:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeroenpaap

Hi all,

I'm new here, so I'd like to introduce myself:
My name is Jeroen. I live in Southampton, UK. I'm about to start with my very first sim project: home build 737. In daily life I'm a first officer on the Dash 8-Q400.

I just ordered some I/O cards from opencockpits and a AFDS panel from cockpitsimparts. I have read some information here and other sources and I hope that I can manage, considering I have very little knowledge on this sort of thing. So please forgive me if I sometimes ask "stupid/obvious" questions.

Thanks,

Jeroen

Trevor Hale

Jeroen,

Welcome to the group.  My brother is a Q400 Capt, so I know what you deal with day to day.  If you can keep that bucket in the air, you shouldn't have any issues putting your sim together.

Glad to have you here.

Trev

Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

blueskydriver

Hey Jeroen!

You've come to the right place too start your new adventure...Cockpit Builders is one of the best websites for building simulators, plus the members are all nice and refrain from negativity towards others. That is the main reason I live on this site...lol!

Since you're in South Hampton, UK, you need too check out Speedbird17's B737 Sim For Sale post. He is in the UK as well, so your timing is perfect for buying a complete sim, if possible for you to do. You will have a hard time getting a complete sim all at once like his. As far as I know there has only been two or now three counting Ralph's that sold everything all at once. Most people usually keep some portions of their sim for other projects or can only part the sim out due too market and location.

If Ralph lived in the USA I would likely jump at the chance, even though I have three cockpits. Like many others, mine is piece meal, so having it all together at once is really nice... By the way, I only know Ralph from this site and I've never been in his sim, so me advocating his is because it just so happens too be for sale as of 1pm today...kind of ironic...lol.

Good Luck with your new hobby and again, welcome to Cockpit Builders,

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

rugsvea

Hi Jeroen!

My name is Rune and I'm a norwegian. I'm working on a Q400 Home Cockpit (myq400.com).  :) I pretty sure you know a lot of stuff I would like to know :)
Would it be ok to ask you if i get stuck ?

Regards

Rune

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate