Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 08:00:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
497 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 595
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 497
Total: 497

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Sim Move Questions

Started by 737man, May 30, 2016, 02:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

737man

Hey Guys,
I am moving my complete sim from one room to another.  Will I lose all my settings for prosim, FSX & FDS.  Is there a way to save them?  Does anyone have any other suggestions before I pull the power and start to break the mip etc down?
Cheers

quid246

As long as you shut down all the programs correctly before doing an OS shutdown, everything should be fine once you relocate.

Aerosim Solutions

You should always keep a backup copy of your FSUIPC config file too, it is a nightmare if it corrupts and you have to reassign and re calibrate flight controls etc.
Cheers Gwyn
Boeing 737NG using Prepar3D v4.5, Prosim737, FDS SYS cards, FDS CDUs, CP Flight MCP Pro & EFIS Pro & Aerosim Solutions hardware of course!<br />Check out my website here -<br />http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

737man

Even if the Main FDS board with all the setting is unplugged?

Bob Reed

USBs will be your biggest issue. Make sure you plug them all back into the exact same ports! Change the port and none of your settings work. You have to remap everything. As long as you do that, you should not have too much trouble when you fire it back up.

iwik

Agree with Bob 200%  re usb inputs have made that error. If you plug another device into
another input by mistake and then reverse it, does not then revert
back to before. The first thing i did before pulling my unit down was
identify what inputs were used for what controllers.
Les

jackpilot

As for the FDS card, the Interface IT soft has an export function. Check the manual
You make a backup (just in case) and all your XMLs assignments are safe.

Jack

RayS

Even if you're not moving a sim, it's always good to have backups of all your configs and software.

Case in point: Wanted to fly last night but my interface computer wouldn't spin up. (It runs XPUIPC, Ruscool Interface controls, and FlightIllusion Radios, autopilot and engine gauges)

Luckily I back all those configs up to the cloud (DropBox and OneDrive for redundancy :-) ) so tonight I can just swap in a new computer, install the software and load up all the original configs.

Ray Sotkiewicz

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate