Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:02:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
351 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 392
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 351
Total: 351

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

737 OEM Panels

Started by kurt-olsson, October 07, 2016, 10:56:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackpilot

Just for the sake of it
Same panel:
[ebay]263085729632[/ebay]

$80

[ebay]253061983080[/ebay]

$175

[ebay]231965966838[/ebay]

$250

Jack

kurt-olsson

Haha Jack, you must be the master of ebay finding oem! :)

I am looking for that panel aswell. Normal case i would by that 80$ asap but reality is i have to build up some cashflow after i bought the seats...

jackpilot

Quote from: 737NGer on July 24, 2017, 04:49:55 PM
This looks like an NG to me:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Retired-BOEING-737-Cockpit-Voice-Recorder-Microphone-Monitor-Panel-/272718239931

Yes it is, but why pay that horrendous price when you can have this super clean overhauled unit by Collins
[ebay]282557527911[/ebay]

Or the usual one with the dial which is also quite common  on NGs
[ebay]321844687807[/ebay]

And if you really want to waste your money go for this... :laugh:
[ebay]190836286402[/ebay]

A simple 5v feed tamed down with a resistor allows the little needle to deviate when the test button is pushed. Have that on mine and it makes a nice checklist item.

:D

Jack

jackpilot

probably left where it belongs....I can hardly imagine that an airline can accept such abuse!

Jack

Garys

Quote from: mickc on July 22, 2017, 04:47:01 PM
I consider this guy to be the current king of ridiculous Ebay prices at the moment  :o

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=&_ssn=thejetsim&_sop=16

I know I replied to this topic earlier, but my opinion of this seller is changing for the worse. His recent offerings of 747 panels is ridiculous. As an example the fuel panel can be bought for $200. Even the concord alliance who I consider high priced wants $600 for this panel. The last one UAM sold on ebay also had a buy it now price of $200. He has included a few cannon plugs that a supplier sell for $60ea when they have them in stock and all of a sudden this panel is worth well over $1000. All of the panels he has for sale can be bought for less than $400ea
Tottally out to lunch.

Any 747 builders considering buying these... don't fall for it... your getting ripped off big time. (Matt Sheils post -   http://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?topic=1499.msg14040#msg14040)

Bob Reed

Gary, I have tried to have that exact same discussion with builders in the past and they just don't get it. They keep paying ridiculous prices for junk which raises the price on this stuff. Silly really...

jackpilot

Not really, Bob.
Those items do not move or sell at a way lower offered price.
747-400 panels are starting to show up and prices will crash as the sim market for these parts is not big enough to absorb the offering.

Jack

Bob Reed

Quote from: jackpilot on October 03, 2017, 04:29:33 AM
Not really, Bob.
Those items do not move or sell at a way lower offered price.
747-400 panels are starting to show up and prices will crash as the sim market for these parts is not big enough to absorb the offering.

Yes, really Jack. If no one paid the silly prices these places ask, they would not sell and what happens when there is supply and no demand? Look how you buy things. You are a perfect example of one who refuses to pay silly prices.... If all the sim folks shop and bought like you do, we would not even be having this discussion.  :)

Joe Lavery

I agree Bob - Jack,

If you think about it 10 years ago you could have bought a scrap 737TQ for about £200 - 300, which was the scrap value of the aluminium.
And then the Home cockpit brigade started bidding silly money for them, so suddenly the price rocketed. We only have ourselves to blame, well other than Jack, who has more sense ...  8)

Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

ifeliciano

Quote from: Bob Reed on October 02, 2017, 02:51:54 PM
Gary, I have tried to have that exact same discussion with builders in the past and they just don't get it. They keep paying ridiculous prices for junk which raises the price on this stuff. Silly really...

People do anything, even get screwed, for realism. I can hear my Dad quoting Voltaire, "you know, Ivan... Common sense is not that common"

jackpilot

The key is...patience and a daily trawl on EBay
And the right part at a right price will show eventually.

I was looking for that swiss aero  timer:

Had to wait for months (maybe  years) but UAM had one and I got a "fair" price. (well over a hundred)

One week later another one appeared...and went for $40.. ???
None since then.

:D

Jack

737NGer

Quote from: Garys on October 02, 2017, 12:15:10 PM
I consider this guy to be the current king of ridiculous Ebay prices at the moment  :o

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=&_ssn=thejetsim&_sop=16

I know I replied to this topic earlier, but my opinion of this seller is changing for the worse. His recent offerings of 747 panels is ridiculous. As an example the fuel panel can be bought for $200. Even the concord alliance who I consider high priced wants $600 for this panel. The last one UAM sold on ebay also had a buy it now price of $200. He has included a few cannon plugs that a supplier sell for $60ea when they have them in stock and all of a sudden this panel is worth well over $1000. All of the panels he has for sale can be bought for less than $400ea
Tottally out to lunch.

Any 747 builders considering buying these... don't fall for it... your getting ripped off big time. (Matt Sheils post -   http://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?topic=1499.msg14040#msg14040)

The only thing that justifies the high price is if he is selling in ARC/GR or SV.

ARC/GR - As Removed Condition / Guarnteed Repairable. Basically an SV part with a few minor faults and no warranty (or a warranty for a short time period) from the cert shop.

But as I can see, he lists his stuff as "For Parts or Not working," in the avaition world bluntly BER/US (Beyond Economic Repair/Unservicable.)

Some vendors don't even give unserviceable stuff a condition - they just say NA.

Price not justified if this is the case, BUT:

If you notice, some of these are photographed in the cockpit - he probably bought them literally freshly As Removed from the plane. If he sends them to the cert shop, and gurantees the parts repairable AND sells for te same price - then the price might have been justified.

Buster99

I absolutely agree with all of the above.

But let's assume there are 1000 serious builders that want original parts, availability of original parts may be very limited. Once you need (want) a certain part and have waited long enough a ridiculous price suddenly becomes acceptable.
Personally I have waited for a trim piece for over 4 years and paid way too much, but now I am happy to finally have it.

This will indeed drive prices up but then it is not like there is an abundance of parts out there... European customers have an even harder time to get Boeing parts.

Great overhead timer! That's another one still on my want to get list  :)

Best Regards,
Marc

mickc

Quote from: Buster99 on October 04, 2017, 04:27:29 AM
European customers have an even harder time to get Boeing parts.

Try living in Australia  :o :o

Garys

Garys

Quote from: 737NGer on October 04, 2017, 02:28:39 AM
Quote from: Garys on October 02, 2017, 12:15:10 PM

Tottally out to lunch.

The only thing that justifies the high price is if he is selling in ARC/GR or SV.

ARC/GR - As Removed Condition / Guarnteed Repairable. Basically an SV part with a few minor faults and no warranty (or a warranty for a short time period) from the cert shop.

But as I can see, he lists his stuff as "For Parts or Not working," in the avaition world bluntly BER/US (Beyond Economic Repair/Unservicable.)

Some vendors don't even give unserviceable stuff a condition - they just say NA.

Price not justified if this is the case, BUT:

If you notice, some of these are photographed in the cockpit - he probably bought them literally freshly As Removed from the plane. If he sends them to the cert shop, and gurantees the parts repairable AND sells for te same price - then the price might have been justified.

Your forgetting though that these have already been sold by the vendor to the Jetsim. There is no overhaul or serviceable shop involved here and never will be. The Jetsim is just a middle man akin to your neighbourhood used car lot targeting US the simbuilder. Only when you see the big picture do you see how obsurd the mark up of these panels are and the reason for my posting to any perspective 747  simbuilder.

In the future this may very well change and these prices will be justified again but right now full airline fleets have been put to the desert with many more coming.

As of 4th quarter 2017,  its just exploitative

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate