Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 03, 2024, 01:45:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
541 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 831
  • Online ever: 831
  • (Today at 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 541
Total: 541

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Howdy Everyone

Started by gpawood, March 04, 2010, 04:39:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gpawood

Howdy to one and all,

I'm a 60 year young flight simmer (an Okie actually) living and working in Japan and, although not new to flight simulators, I am definitely new to cockpit building. I'm really looking forward to working with and learning from the wonderful people that visit this site.

I've been reading a lot about simpits and what folks have to say on this forum. Seems to be a lot of folks with a whole lot of talent and most importantly, enthusiasm for flight simulators. I think it's time for me to build a small simpit in my apartment and learn how build a more functional (and fun) flight simulator.

Over the years I've managed to keep my desktop simulator up and running (and growing) while flying with VA AeroTexas Aviation, www.aerotexas.com . My plans are to build a single seat (no room for a cp right now) 737NG style cockpit while learning how to interface FS9 with more input devices (switches/buttons/pots) and eventually get rid of the mouse and keyboard, or at least as much as possible. I know I have a lot to learn and a long way to go, but heck, it's all about having fun and living life to the fullest.

I look forward to meeting and learning, and maybe even sharing what little I know, with this great group of folks.

I love this hobby !!

tommie c

XOrionFE

Welcome Tommy
Sounds like you have a good plan and looks like you have a good start already.   I look forward to seeing your progress and yes....it is a fantastic hobby full of great people and fun.

Again, welcome

Scott

Trevor Hale

Awesome Tommie! We all love this hobby, no matter what age we are..  Not to mention we are all young at heart.  It is really good to see people with fire inside them like you have.  Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

jackpilot

Welcome aboard Tommie.

It is easier than you think...just takes time.

Jack

Bob Reed

Hi Tommie.. and welcome! Looks like you have a good start allready! Lots of folks here to help.. Glad you found us.

DarrylH

Welcome to the madness Tommie

Darryl

gpawood

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.
tommie c

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate