Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 22, 2024, 10:49:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
135 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 165
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 135
Total: 135

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

"WANTED" IPECO pilot seat bottom cushion

Started by FoxMikeHotel, February 10, 2017, 04:55:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoxMikeHotel

Hi everyone,
In the process of starting my 777 cockpit I obtained a rather cheap 747 cockpit seat, bt it's the observer seat, so I don't have the "gap" for the yoke on the cushion.
If anyone happened to have a spare one I would be interested.
Thanks

jackpilot

Hi Louis

1)The cushion will not be enough , if you want the indent, the very base of the seat has to be modified.

2) making a base cushion (as opposed to the back one) is fairly easy and certainly less expensive than a real one.

3) The indent is used only in extreme situations and if properly calibrated your yoke should basically never need to be pulled that far back....IMHO

4) Je n'en ai pas sur les miens non plus et la colonne n'a jamais buté sur le siège

Jack

Jack

FoxMikeHotel

Hi Jack
Yeah I know the base would have to be modified as well, but as I looked into it I could do without modifying it, or if I want to it's feasible.
For your second item, well it could be what I'll do if I don't find one, I guess I could even just "cut" the hole on my current one and adapt the sheepskin later.
In the 777 the column is pretty close to the seat cushion (around 2cm according to a manual I foud from another member that is now working on a 744) so even for non extreme inputs the seat could be in the way.
En fait je demandais au cas où quelqu'un en aurait un qui traîne, sinon je pense que je modifierais le mien dans un futur proche, je devrais mettre en place les palonniers, la colonne de 777 et le siège après avoir fabriqué sa base.
Merci Jack

jackpilot

Quote from: FoxMikeHotel on February 10, 2017, 09:00:54 AM
Hi Jack
I guess I could even just "cut" the hole on my current one and adapt the sheepskin later.

Not sure. Observer and pilot seats are not designed the same for leg support
You might have to add instead of remove. Could anyone here supply some dimensions??

QuoteIn the 777 the column is pretty close to the seat cushion (around 2cm according to a manual I found from another member that is now working on a 744) so even for non extreme inputs the seat could be in the way.

Another thing to check...seems pretty tight to me ??

Anyone having info ..please...

Cheers
Jack

Jack

bernard S

emm you opening can on trouble they are two completely different seats  ( tjats both obs seats) I assume you have bobs seat with the fixed base ... well to start off with .. it's fixed base ..it's moves differently to a pilots seats etc  it's does not have same travel for to set eye points etc  I do not really,see how you going to cut into it without stuffing it.? .. why not save the pennies and wait for pilots seat

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate