Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:46:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
244 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,640
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 286
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 244
Total: 244

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Hello from NL, C90 sim project

Started by rvdm, February 16, 2017, 09:32:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rvdm

Hi all,

Good to be here, and thanks to the forum admin for activating me. I'm a PPL from the Netherlands, starting a project to build a C90 simulator. Our goal is to make something modeled after a specific real C90.

Our rough first plans:
- We'll be building off the ruscool plans, hoping to use some of their work
- We plan to use flight illusion gauges (mostly) combined with some ruscool parts
- We're thinking about a dual HD short throw projector setup on a minimum 180 degrees curved screen
- Software should be a little agnostic (P3D or X-plane 11 or FSX). FS/P3D seems the best option in terms of integration, but the new X-plane looks very promising. We want to have the flexibility to switch
- The sim will/should have 'functioning' touchscreen GTN750, and emulated G600.
- No motion (yet) to keep complexity down
- All buttons/switches emulated+working

Challenges:
- Yoke, chairs and potentially other real C90 parts. Seems impossible to find, but wanted/needed.
- Electronics (interfaces that work for both P3D and FS). We want to have nice and manageable connectivity
- Sim setup and software - I didn't like licensing on either P3D or X-plane for multi-pc and multi-screen setup. We haven't decided on the computer part(s) yet (multiple or single, what config).
- Projection setup - we found clear resources on how to build this difficult to find. Readymade projection systems look expensive and might be less fun.
- Keeping databases (nav etc) in sync. We'd really like functioning updates and current-ness on all, and ideally we'd connect to vatsim also. I don't know how that will work with the G600/GTN750, as the garmin databases in those seem to be fairly static.

Anyway, any pointers are welcome, and I'm planning to post updates here :)

jackpilot

Welcome Aboard
Superb project
Keep us informed

Jack

Jack

Bob Reed

Hello and welcome! If you are going to use some of Ruscool's stuff you can use them for ideas. Great folks and very helpful and, as you already know, have build a couple C90 sims. Updates are always a great thing!

blueskydriver

Hi Robert,

Welcome to Cockpit Builders! There are some other C90 builders/members here, so post often and they'll help you out, heck we all help each other a lot. Speaking of which, you can help others by posting pics of your progress, as well as discuss your project ups and downs (no pun there...lol).

Best Regards,

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

rvdm

Quote from: Bob Reed on February 16, 2017, 03:11:13 PM
Hello and welcome! If you are going to use some of Ruscool's stuff you can use them for ideas. Great folks and very helpful and, as you already know, have build a couple C90 sims. Updates are always a great thing!

Thank you! I've already been emailing with them, and have found them to be very helpful and informative.

Quote from: blueskydriver on February 16, 2017, 07:51:25 PM
Welcome to Cockpit Builders! There are some other C90 builders/members here, so post often and they'll help you out, heck we all help each other a lot. Speaking of which, you can help others by posting pics of your progress, as well as discuss your project ups and downs (no pun there...lol).

Thank you! I will start taking and posting once we get started. We're now working on getting some shopping lists together, and will try to get an impression of total cost. We have to find the balance between buying things and making things. Excited to get started :)

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate