Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:11:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
156 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 146
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 156
Total: 156

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

New Builder!! Arduino and simconnect

Started by Andy, February 24, 2017, 09:22:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy

Hello everyone,
I am currently working on a generic cockpit, mainly focusing on the electronic  part.
I would like to work just with Arduino or other cheap microcontrollers, without using expensive input cards.

At the moment I am trying to implement some generic inputs and I am planning to start developing generic gauges soon (I am in favour of old style gauge wrt modern screens)

For the sw I use FSX.
At the moment I am implementing an interface with simconnect but I am not yet sure this is the way to go over FSUIPC.

Anyway thank you for hosting me and I am looking forward to a great collaboration.

Of course any suggestion is welcome

Trevor Hale

Hi Andy,

Welcome to the group.

I am using FSUIPC (LUA Script) To communicate with my Arduino....  Works for me..

Nice to have you here.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

bernard S

actully our man Phil has arduino solutions that actully work you may want to touch base with him .... you can thank me later

Andy

Quote from: bernard S on February 24, 2017, 09:50:03 AM
actully our man Phil has arduino solutions that actully work you may want to touch base with him .... you can thank me later
Thank you! I will definitely contact him, although I was looking more towards development suggestions rather than pre-made some software packages as I quite enjoy coding Arduino

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jackpilot

Jack

Andy

Ah ops,

Ok thank you very much, I will contact him soon

Andy

Quote from: Trevor Hale on February 24, 2017, 09:42:11 AM
Hi Andy,

Welcome to the group.

I am using FSUIPC (LUA Script) To communicate with my Arduino....  Works for me..

Nice to have you here.

Trev
Thank you I will have a look at that as well

Andy

I have heard a lot about FSUIPC, even used it for some basic interface, but I sort of have the idea that simconnect, as is provided by Microsoft, should work better / allow to do more stuff.
It's like I am a bit afraid that I do all the work with FSUIPC just to realize when I am well under way that I need some advance features nor supported by FSUIPC.
It's just a thought though

Trevor Hale

Lol FSUIPC has been around many more years then Simconnect.  But I will let you ponder that. FSUIPC talks directly to simconnect. Either way, I doubt you will be able to get very far with a simulator without requiring FSUIPC at some point.

But take it from someone with experience. FSUIPC is better and more versatile then dealing directly with simconnect.
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Andy

Quote from: Trevor Hale on February 24, 2017, 11:24:25 AM
Lol FSUIPC has been around many more years then Simconnect.  But I will let you ponder that. FSUIPC talks directly to simconnect. Either way, I doubt you will be able to get very far with a simulator without requiring FSUIPC at some point.

But take it from someone with experience. FSUIPC is better and more versatile then dealing directly with simconnect.
Ok thank you, I will start looking that way then

Wow one day and this forum has already proven full of interesting answers, Thank you!

bernard S

johanm1965

Hi Andy,

i'm working on a marchetti SF260 cockpit and will be interfacing real instrument, reworked  with servos, with arduino and fsuipc.
now learning how to program arduino

so i be following you threads

greatings

johan

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate