Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 05:39:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
383 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 407
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 383
Total: 383

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Hi all from Burlington, Canada

Started by Kumar Patel, March 04, 2017, 03:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kumar Patel

I started my research 2 months ago to build the B737NG.  My goal is to build it as realistic as it gets.  I would like to get absolutely all the bells and whistles, fully motorize yokes, throttle etc.  A lot of things are very overwhelming to me. I spend about 3 hours a day on forums, YouTube etc. trying to educate myself.  I have millions of questions and I don't even know where to start.  I live very close to Flight Deck Solutions so I guess by default I am obligated to buy everything from them, but this is a good thing because I haven't heard a single bad reviews about them.  The only thing I can't have is the motion platform because I don't have enough clearance.  But I am hoping to have some sort of shaker so I can feel a little bit of turbulence and when taxing.  Anyways, that's about me!
Thanks all

blueskydriver

Hi Jack,

Welcome to Cockpit Builders! Not much too say really, as you got it all figured out; pretty rare to have someone so close to FDS and start out...uh, okay except for JackPilot.

Speaking of which, I am trying to decide if this is someone new or JackPilot messing with us and being funny. If not, you might want to rethink your screen name, as it will confuse others...it did me and I am a regular guy on here...

Best Regards,

John
aka Blueskydriver
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

jackpilot

Welcome aboard Jack

(Well John, it is not me playing tricks.... :D, besides, having already an all FDS simulator I would not hesitate a split second for a choice of vendor  :D)
As for the name,  jack is free to choose whatever he wants but that one  could certainly cause some confusion.
Jack

Jack

quid246

Quote from: jackthepilot on March 04, 2017, 03:55:40 PM
I started my research 2 months ago to build the B737NG.  My goal is to build it as realistic as it gets.  I would like to get absolutely all the bells and whistles, fully motorize yokes, throttle etc.  A lot of things are very overwhelming to me. I spend about 3 hours a day on forums, YouTube etc. trying to educate myself.  I have millions of questions and I don't even know where to start.  I live very close to Flight Deck Solutions so I guess by default I am obligated to buy everything from them, but this is a good thing because I haven't heard a single bad reviews about them.  The only thing I can't have is the motion platform because I don't have enough clearance.  But I am hoping to have some sort of shaker so I can feel a little bit of turbulence and when taxing.  Anyways, that's about me!
Thanks all

If you are looking for OEM stuff... let me know, I'm just down the road in Stoney Creek.

bernard S

here is my two cents before you start spending on panels and other items you can thank me later  single malt in my general direction

1.    don't purchase a,single panel yet plain and simple

2. build your base to support your frames seats etc

3. buy following items,

yokes .rudders   try to get linkages

install those first

then do control loading ..get items for control from BFF...

since you want real stuff its,all relative to the thickness of your wallet or how much abuse your credit card can take before it cries foul ..... Purchase a simulated panel and purchase a real panel   ..see if you live difference between two..they are huge .. and since you want NG items then be prepared to spend spend spend ..no such thing as cheap and real..like i said my two cents worth .

Trevor Hale

Crazy...  Burlington eh!   Awesome..  The Ontarians are moving in...  LOL.

Welcome to the group.  Take some time and do some reading...  There is a lot of information here.

We have been around since 2008, so you have almost 10 years of experience just here, not to mention the experience most of our members have.

I Lived in the city for 12 Years, now in Northern Ont.  Good Luck with your build.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Goodenough

I'm just down the road from you in Welland. You should see my set up. Have you considered a B747-400. Mine has mostly real parts and you can see some pictures I've posted on this forum. Lots of options to choose from. 

All the best

Perry

bernard S

deleted

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate