Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 07:19:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
516 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 595
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 516
Total: 516

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Looking for 2 eyeball ducts fr my 737 cockpit

Started by 737man, July 01, 2017, 10:01:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

737man

If anyone has a pair that they are not using send me a pm.
Cheers Lance

fsaviator

Warren "FSAviator"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com  |  https://www.facebook.com/fsaviator/
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

jackpilot

What about swimming pool hose  smooth inside and 32mm diameter 1"1/4

I am interested too

Jack

navymustang

I use bilge tubing from West Marine and other boating stores.
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

737man

Where can I get 2 more eye ducts.  I bought the 12v fans got them today....? they look great

737man

mickc

I used proper SCAT ducting on mine, not the official Aeroduct stuff, but a Chinese knock off from Ebay.  Cost about $18 per Metre.  Its very light and easy to route & bend

For the vent mounting, I 3D printed some registers that the hose attaches to with a T-band hose clamp, then the eyeball vent mounts directly to the register with the aluminium panel sandwiched in the middle.  There are thread inserts in the register to take the screws for the vent.

The angle of the hose mounting allows the hose to follow the bottom of the MIP and not get tangled around the rudder pedals,  :D

Karl737

Hi Mick,

Didn't realise you had got hold of a real MIP, mate.  ;)
Absolutely amazing as usual!

Cheers,
Karl

Nat Crea

QuoteDidn't realise you had got hold of a real MIP, mate.

Real? That Sim would fly if it had wings!  ;D

Nat

jackpilot

Quote from: mickc on July 11, 2017, 03:17:23 PM
I used proper SCAT ducting on mine, not the official Aeroduct stuff, but a Chinese knock off from Ebay.  Cost about $18 per Metre. 

A link ...?
:D

Jack

mickc

Quote from: jackpilot on July 13, 2017, 05:09:51 AM

A link ...?
:D

There's plenty around, just search for SCAT ducting or Silicone ducting.  Its quite popular for forced cooling of car brakes, so all the "Fast and Furious" crowd want it  ;D ;D

Here's one from the same seller I used:
www.ebay.com.au/itm/Silicone-Air-Ducting-Hose-Flexible-Brake-Cold-Induction-Intake-Pipe-64mm-2-5-1m-/142104209820?epid=1382690579&hash=item211612299c:g:S8MAAOSwFdtXx9Aw

jackpilot

Thank you
Did a search before on eBay but just got the expenxive aero stuff  ;D

Jack

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate