Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 03:30:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
133 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 174
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 133
Total: 133

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

New 737 builder here. P3D/PS or X-Plane?

Started by booky, July 23, 2017, 10:40:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

booky

Hi,

I´m Stephan, microlight pilot* and cockpit builder from Munich, Germany. I´m using Sims since the early 90´s with my Mac IIci.

I started my 737 plans and collected the first things such as Yoke, Ipeco seats, ordered the TQ etc.
I consider a motion platform to be achievable*, and will seriously look into that. Preferred platform was lately Arduino & X-Plane, but I´m open to P3D if I´m not getting better support by the suppliers:

I´m currently struggling with missing support for X-Plane by Sismo, Simworld etc. to use their PnP products. They seem to not need to care for me and they did not immediately like my idea that I would write the necessary PlugIn myself. I shoud use ProSim & P3D - over.

Also I seem to not be able to express myself in a way that Laminar understands my issues 
- that the suppliers of good 737 equipment won´t support X-Plane
- that we miss something like ProSim, since Tools such as XHSI and the promising aircrafts such as Zibo are not working together (while last week ton´s of new systems were principially announced for A320 so that SW developer will be able to build better aircrafts...)

s.

this is what I fly every once a while: https://www.breezeraircraft.de/en/
and this is the motion thingy link: https://motionsystems.eu

kurt-olsson

Hi and welcome!
Will always follow OEM projects! :)

I am in the same position, lack of support for a good 737 in xplane.
I have hopes for the zibo 737. 2d popup for the pfd and nd etc and i am set. One computer running it all. :)

booky

Hi Peter, what do you mean by OEM projects, those which incorporate real gauges?

What surprises me is that XP was always known for a wonderful open platform; now we´re getting no great solution for even BASIC stuff like PFD, ND; not to mention CDU or standby i.
Also, it would be a huge difference if Laminar was talking to one or two manufacturers and not only me. Anyway maybe we start with X737 and in parallel i look into reverse engineering some of the stuff to plug it into XP.

kurt-olsson

Hi

With OEM i mean reaf boeing stuff like ipeco seats. :)
Yeah, i agree that the support for this is bad from laminar.

If i had the time i would start writing a complete new software like prosim for x-plane. I even think there is a market for it. But kids and job prevents this.

I have integrated the complete mcp for the x737.

It works great for interfacing its dataref, the problem is that it is incomplete.
Not 100% PFD stuff and no irs alignment and the aft overhead is missing. But this will probably come.

But i feel that the zibo 737 almost passed the x737 in functionality but it still misses export of 2d panels but i know that the developer has this in his planes.

I will switch from the x737 to the zibo when i start interfacing heavilt.
Maybe i support both, just need to switch datarefs, the logic is still the same.

What i dont understand is why prosim dont enters! They have the boeing logic figured out, porting it to another platform should be easy.
Just draw the stuff with opengl and make a plugin. :)

MjTom

Quote from: kurt-olsson on July 24, 2017, 02:20:29 AM
What i dont understand is why prosim dont enters! They have the boeing logic figured out, porting it to another platform should be easy.
Just draw the stuff with opengl and make a plugin. :)

These guys are resistant to advice.
They even get angry when you write them and ask for reasons.
I will probably go the way with the x737.
I fear, that will be a hard and long way.

so long, Thomas

booky

Hi Thomas, just passed by your place on sunday on my way to Leiden/NL, picking up my Ipeco seats :-)
So we are 3, I know 3 more interested in 737 and XP. ;-)
Seriously - one of the manufacturers confirmed that PS seems not interested due to other side projects for the professional market? Anyway, I didn´t talk to them yet, so let me ring them tomorrow.
In parallel, things would be easier if XHSI would do their stuff as well and if Zibo would talk to them - then he would not need to write 2D displays and could concentrate on the bird itself. XHSI and Java is less than ideal, but at least something. What do you guys think about AirManager?

kurt-olsson

What i need for my 2d panels is supersmooth framerates. Dont know about airmanager and xhsi, but i will try them when i come to that point.

Ridgenj

Welcome!
Cheers
Luis

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

booky

Moring guys,

I read again the mail from Laminar, and I kind of oversaw the comment that ProSim "works" with X-Plane.
So I installed the demo of PS and it started to work partially right away via ProSimData plugIn for XP.

So I would encourage anybody with experience or interest in this topic to check it out and report their experiences. Maybe in the right thread. What do you think?
rgds stephan

kurt-olsson

A new thread for x-plane prosim is a great idea!

MjTom

Also absolutely for that  :)
-----------------------------------------------------------
Done Guys, Go to:
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com/community/index.php?topic=6617.msg46862;topicseen#new

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate