Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 02:01:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
127 Guests, 1 User
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 139
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 127
Total: 128

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

New here

Started by WJH, August 15, 2017, 06:10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WJH

Hello all, my name is Bill, and I fly 747's for a living.
My main interests are building drones, electronics, machining, programming, r/c aircraft, and restoring John Deere garden tractors.
My simulator of choice is X-plane, and interested in building a light twin simulator.  I have the latest PMDG 747 but have zero interest building a 747 sim as that is my day job. Strangely enough, what is driving me the most right now is programming or learning to do so, STM32 mcu's, and I want to reverse engineer the Teensy flight sim USB device, or at least get my own STM32 to work with his plugin. I love doing things myself, hate relying on other peoples magic boxes.
As a side note, I do have some L1011 cockpit parts that I was going to build a sim for, not sure what I ultimately will do with them.
I hope to communicate with like minded people.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Trevor Hale

Welcome Bill,

Hope you find some interesting information here.  I think most of us have similar hobbies.  Let us know how you make out, and keep us updated with your project progress.  there is legions of information here, that I think you will find interesting.

Best regards,

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

kurt-olsson

Welcome!

I have the same approach! Code all yourself with Teensy and dont rely on other peoples driver/software.

This will be a winnin the end i think.

bernard S

willam
... i suggest you reconsider your aircraft choice   74 is easier... grab a jumpseat come to Aus and see ????

737NGer

May I suggest the 777 :)

We really need more of these!

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate