Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 11:20:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
131 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 174
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 131
Total: 131

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Wanted: OEM gear lever 737

Started by kurt-olsson, April 23, 2018, 12:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kurt-olsson

Let me know if anything pops up.

jackpilot

They do ..at insane prices
Besides the mechanism at the back is HUGE and hard to fit in a regular install :o

Jack

bernard S

how you going to tension it   and power it    curious 😁

kurt-olsson

Tension is allready there if i am correct, and power the solenoid with 28v.

archen

Try Nick at APHS. He usually have them but at high price.

I've modified a real lever to fit FDS MIP.

Had to change microswitches and mill a few new plates. Also cut it shorter.

See here

https://riksarchen.wordpress.com/2014/02/22/mip-progress-now-fds-mip-instead-of-simworld/

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk

------------
Anders Simparts
http://www.anderssimparts.com
https://www.facebook.com/ArchenSimparts
Selling "Hard-to-get" simparts like authentic Engine starters, Autobrake, IRS mode selectors and N1&SPD Ref Switches.
------------

kurt-olsson

Seen one at APHS but too much for me. Hope to find one with reasonable price range.

kurt-olsson

BUMP

I am also interested in replicas if its OEM dimensions and look.

jackpilot

The OEM is a huge monster , you would be better off with a nice repro

Jack

blueskydriver

If I were you, I'd buy one from Nick at APHS. Even though it might seem high priced, it actually isn't when you consider the time and cost to remove parts from the real planes.

And, in the past I thought the same as most, but after removing items myself I can attest that it's not easy to get things out of 30-40yr old aircraft...

Besides, waiting for someone (another builder) to sell one (or whatever you may be looking for) can take a long time, so paying that little extra for items from Nick is well worth the "not" waiting forever to get one from someone else.

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

peterkwu

I agree with John that the price is actually reasonable when you think about the cost of removal. Having watched the OEM resale market for 10+ years, I can tell you that the cost of these items has gone up dramatically the past few years. Nick is actually one of the most reasonable sellers of OEM parts at this point in terms of cost.

I have to respectfully disagree with Jack that a reproduction model is just as good as an OEM one. In my opinion there is no comparison. I've had several reproductions (FDS, CockpitSonic etc), and they never seem to make the handle long enough to accurately reproduce the movement of the real thing. The OEM model is also really heavy duty, and gives a much more satisfying 'thunk' when moved from one position to another. I don't know of a reproduction model with a working override trigger or solenoid, if someone does please correct me.

The solenoid is super easy to get working. I published a how-to for converting an OEM lever in 2015:

http://www.fly737ng.com/?p=228

As most OEM levers out there are from classic model airframes, you will also probably want to exchange the old, yellowed, large wheel for a new, smaller, white, NG style one purchased from FDS. Here's another post on how to do that:

http://www.fly737ng.com/?p=301

In summary my advice is to save enough $$$ to buy one from Nick at APHS. You won't be sorry.

Peter
--
Check on my progress at
http://www.fly737ng.com

mickc

Exactly what Peter said. 
Also if you want to make it completely NG-like, shorten the handle by 1"

jackpilot

OK OK Guys... you almost convinced me!!  :D

Jack

rw

Hi guys,

In the same boat here - been lurking for months for a OEM gear lever (assembly) on Ebay and Dutch second hand websites but was unsuccessful.

Until I found a 737NG lever for only 2800 USD ;D here
And a one inch longer another version for 86 USD here here.

I purchased the 86USD one and there seem to be more available.

This is not the whole assembly, so requires additional work to get it functioning. Which will require:
- an axis for rotation
- friction for the rotation
- a backplate for the 3 gear settings (up, down, off)
- a structure to lock handle using solenoid
- a solenoid for gear lock override
- cutting the handle 1 inch short
- adding a smaller (and less yellowish) gear lever knob

Quite some engineering ;)

Upside is that you have full flexibility in fitting it in the MIP. For me this is the main reason, as I will have most freedom picking sizes to most optimal LCD screens for CENTER DU, PFD, ND in terms of resolution, viewing angle and contrast ratio.

Hope this is useful!

jeffreyk

Roel,

I don't believe that's an NG handle you're having over there.

It seems shorter because the spring is fully released.

If you take a look at actual NG levers you'll see that the rivets of the "wheel" part are very close to the red unlock trigger so not as seen on that eBay page.

Might be wrong but to me it's just a very expensive CL handle.

rw

Hi Jeffrey,

Seems you're right. Probably must have been a little dizzy due to the price tag ;)

Cheers

mickc

Quote from: jeffreyk on August 20, 2018, 12:34:51 PM
Roel,

I don't believe that's an NG handle you're having over there.

It seems shorter because the spring is fully released.

If you take a look at actual NG levers you'll see that the rivets of the "wheel" part are very close to the red unlock trigger so not as seen on that eBay page.

Might be wrong but to me it's just a very expensive CL handle.

Correct,

This one has been on Ebay for years at the same price  :o :o

The NG levers don't have the cable wheel either, they use a push-pull cable instead of the older cable & drum setup

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate