Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:33:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
122 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 122
Total: 122

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

INTRODUCTION

Started by twkster, August 24, 2018, 09:40:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twkster

Hello All!

I just joined the group and am introducing myself as per SOP :)

I am a professional pilot and am nearing retirement age, but going down kicking LOL.

I have been flying since 1975, have an Air Force background (C-141)(early 1980's) and entered an Airline Career in 1984, initially as a Pro Engineer on DC-8s, then in 1987 became a pilot on the B727 and in 1989 transitioned to the B747 Classic.

In 1995 due to many factors (mostly raising children) I resigned from the airline. In 2000 I began working for a major TRTO in DFW as a Simulator Instructor and Examiner. Then in 2008 I returned to full time flying and managing for a start up charter airline in Macau, China. I am still working in Asia and have been flying business jets for the last 10 years (Falcon 2000 and Citation Sovereign)

I have been simming since FS came on a 360K floppy disk :)
I currently am a devoted X-Plane user and the Flight Model Tuner for the Zibo Mod 737-800X.

I just began a cockpit build in ernest. I have put this off for some time, while away from my Texas home the last 10 years. I am doing the 737-800 and starting with the MIP and a Visual Projection system. The plan calls for a 5 stage development.

Like many pilots, whether it is simulation or logging real time, I never tire of flying. Simulation is a great pass time and hobby, even for those who fly for a living.

I look forward to chatting with many of you as the project develops!

Cheers

Jason L

Welcome to the group.  Lots of great information here to help you with your build!

navymustang

if you decide to switch over and build a 747, I have everything thing you will need to build a cockpit. PM for details.
Jim
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

bernard S

same here   but only real stuff ..

twkster

Welcome Tim! You will find lots of help here!

Nick
[/quote]

Thank you Nick!
Noticed in your Sig Line you are using 3 Optoma 1080 projectors... Any issues? I have acquired 3 GTX 1080Darbee units and planning to a 200 or 220 surround using self built screen.

Cheers

twkster

Welcome to the group.  Lots of great information here to help you with your build!
[/quote]

Thank you for the greet!
Cheers

twkster

Quote from: navymustang on August 24, 2018, 01:18:17 PM
if you decide to switch over and build a 747, I have everything thing you will need to build a cockpit. PM for details.
Jim

Thank you Jim!
Like many, I settled on the 737NG out of practicality / cost. Though I know support for the B747 is growing everyday, it remains a somewhat more demanding project.
One never knows what the future may hold though :)
Cheers

kevinsayre

Hi Tim, welcome to the insanity! I'm in Dallas and have a 737 build with mostly FDS stuff. Finishing my overhead as we speak.  Got rid of my projectors a while ago in favor of three 65" curved hi def TV's for my visuals. I had a 16 foot curved frame built and custom screen for the projectors that I'm not using anymore if you are interested. Would love to get together and share war stories at some point. I have attached a clip of my sim.

archen

Welcome to the forum Tim!

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk

------------
Anders Simparts
http://www.anderssimparts.com
https://www.facebook.com/ArchenSimparts
Selling "Hard-to-get" simparts like authentic Engine starters, Autobrake, IRS mode selectors and N1&SPD Ref Switches.
------------

Flying_Fox

Quote from: twkster on August 25, 2018, 09:29:25 PM

Thank you Nick!
Noticed in your Sig Line you are using 3 Optoma 1080 projectors... Any issues? I have acquired 3 GTX 1080Darbee units and planning to a 200 or 220 surround using self built screen.

Cheers

No, no issues with those. Lots of us are using Optoma projectors.
I have 220 degrees screen. Note, that the projectors are very tolerant to screen shape/projectors position. So, there is no need to try to achieve perfect cylindrical screen shape.
My projection system was designed  for Optoma GT720 1280x800 projectors in 2011. Last year I replaced them with GT1080Darbee. I placed the projectors to the same mounts on rails that I have, just adjusted the mounts for more wide placing of side projectors, moved them forward on my rails and everything still worked perfectly.

twkster

Quote from: kevinsayre on August 26, 2018, 05:09:09 AM
Hi Tim, welcome to the insanity! I'm in Dallas and have a 737 build with mostly FDS stuff. Finishing my overhead as we speak.  Got rid of my projectors a while ago in favor of three 65" curved hi def TV's for my visuals. I had a 16 foot curved frame built and custom screen for the projectors that I'm not using anymore if you are interested. Would love to get together and share war stories at some point. I have attached a clip of my sim.
Thanks for the note! Sorry for the tardy reply.... I have been in Asia this last 5 weeks and return to DFW on this coming Tuesday (18th). I am in Colleyville.
Cheers!

bernard S

i sm in AUSTIN    with a 74-4   . come take peek ..actully  the 74 is easier to do than the 73   ...

twkster

Sorry the tardy reply Bernard...
When time and circumstances permit I will gladly consider a trip to Austin :)
Thanks again!

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate